Android version not compatible with android tv
Hi,

I have a Philips Android tv 48PFS8209/12. I used to have Kodi on it but now I can't download it anymore from the Playstore. Via webbrowser I can't download it either (it says "this version is not compatible..")

Is there anyway for me to download and install again?
Could you please check the following:
Do you have latest Play Store version?
What exact Android version do you have?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Android version: AND1E.0.10.11.0

Playstore: Buildversion 4.8.20
soooooo it's likely Philips screwed up and not properly defined the correct Android version?

There was a recent change for Play Store that allowed us to push files up to 100mb instead of split 50mb. It does require Android 4.0 and higher.
Even the Play Store version is old. There's no update available?
So this means I can't download it anymore?

Because if i go to the playstore via the TV, the app is no longer present. Only via webbrowser.

Any chance it will return to playstore?
you can try sideloading it
http://kodi.tv/download/

We "could" try doing it the old way and uploading it as split files again but I am very reluctant to even try that. We would even stop doing it for version 16 any way.
My guess is Philips needs to fix their stuff. Contact them and ask why you only have an outdated Play Store version.
Yes I tried that but that did not work. TV blocks any installation outside the playstore.

Thanks anyway
First all, i'm new here... Not that i'm new to Kodi nor Philips...

I also have a Android driven TV with the same version as Wooshwoosh, the only difference is that i have a 55PUS9109/12... But actually, i can confirm that these tv's are using Android 4.2.2 (JB) so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm running Kodi on a RPi2 and works excellent, but the main reason i bought a smart tv is to eliminate as many devices a possible... So i tried installing Kodi on the tv...
I found out that Kodi does exsist in the Play Store, but cannot be installed as it is not compatible with my device.

The alternative option i can give Wooshwoosh is to download SPMC (exsists in Play Store) wich is a fork of Kodi 15 'Isengard'... However, I found this a very unstable version because it kept complaining about running out of cache space and playback performance was laggy... But you give it a try, hopefully it works for you...

//edit: Sorry i misinformed you, SPMC is using Gotham... 13.4
hi dopplerdefekt,

thanks for the tip!

Kodi used to work on my tv, did not had any problems with it, watched a movie 2 days ago. However, the app was installed on a external usb drive (in tv) and not on the tv itself. But someone took my usb and therefore I had to install it again. But indeed, now it I can't download it anymore because my device is not compatible anymore.

Do you know a way to install apps outside the playstore? The tv blocks it... Otherwise I could install Kodi that way
No... It is not possible to install apps from unknown sources... Philips blocked that one...

Although, a guy from xda-developers claims it is possible through ADB...

Check it out here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/...v-t2935545
Thanks I will check it out.

I installed SPMC and it works. Not as good as I hoped but it works so thanks again for the tip!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
version not compatible with android tv0