v15 need help installing on QNAP TS-451
Question 
I'm trying to upgrade my KODI to Ver 15.2 "Isengard" on my QNAP TS-451 NAS and I'm not entirely sure which version to attempt to install. I have been beating myself up for weeks trying to find the correct version to install and I haven't had any luck in locating the proper platform version. I was under the impression that anything that you install on a QNAP has to be in a QNAP "package" format. I'm not a novice when it comes to computing just when it comes to Linux via command line. I was raised on DOS so I'm not afraid of a command line interface, I'm just not familiar with Linux or the QNAP QTS OS outside of the GUI.

ANY help that can be provided would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

- Jeffrey
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=112749
So, just so I make sure what you posted, the link took me to a post from Aug this year and had several downloads available. I DL'd the file attached to the 15.2 link towards the bottom of the page. The .zip file contained the QPKG I was looking for but I just want to make completely sure this was what you had intended me to use to update my QNAP. Sorry to sound like such a noob, but I have my QNAP setup pretty nicely with the exception of the the new Kodi and I'd hate to have to start over from scratch if I "blow it up" because I tried to install the wrong file. Again, not well versed with Linux and I'm pretty trusting whatever I'm told to do here.

But THANK YOU for the quick reply, I figured it would've taken at least a week if not longer to get a response.
I honestly have no idea, I don't have a QNAP. It was a 5 second google search that led me there.

It seems like that community is active, so you should probably join their forum and ask the questions there.
DERP!!! That's probably a really good idea. I've been really tired lately. Thank you for the (obviously overlooked) suggestion/advice.

(embarrassed)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help installing on QNAP TS-4510