Req Install on SD card of Fire TV (2015 Edition)
Hi,
When I install Kodi, things goes into the main memory, which limited. Is there any chance in future Kodi will be installed and operated from SD card?

I found there are some workarounds to install and run Kodi from external SD card on Fire TV. But I don't want to do that. So is there any chance we could get a direct installation and operation on external SD card?

Reards
Omi

P.S. What are the challenges by the way?
You have to contact Amazon for that request.
(2015-10-27, 17:17)Phryzm Wrote: You have to contact Amazon for that request.

And what they may do? They have a framework where other apps do get installed on SD card. In face Android has the framework. Maybe Kodi team need to facilitate that.
The Aliens will probably land and invade planet Earth before Team Kodi do that.
You need to do a bit of background reading about the Amazon device you have just bought and its relationship with Kodi:

Quote:Amazon Appstore removed Kodi for false reputation of “facilitating piracy”, while Google Play Store approves Kodi

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-appstore-...oves-kodi/

If shit does not work on the FireTV it will likely be on the bottom of the priority list to get fixed.
Kodi sponsors are at the top of the list, naturally.

(2015-10-27, 18:27)wrxtasy Wrote: The Aliens will probably land and invade planet Earth before Team Kodi do that.
You need to do a bit of background reading about the Amazon device you have just bought and its relationship with Kodi:

Quote:Amazon Appstore removed Kodi for false reputation of “facilitating piracy”, while Google Play Store approves Kodi

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-appstore-...oves-kodi/

If shit does not work on the FireTV it will likely be on the bottom of the priority list to get fixed.
Kodi sponsors are at the top of the list, naturally.

Mate,
This do not work on simple Android either. Kodi gets installed on the main memory on any Android device. It was my mistake to give it a Amazon sign, but installed it in my HTC Phone and Sony tab, went into main memory. So Team Kodi needs to look into this perhaps.
This is a standard feature as of Android marshmallow, I read (didn't test myself).
So you'll have to wait for FireOS 6 or browse the numerous threads regarding moving the data folder to external storage.

P. S. Note that, personnally, although Amazon is pushing the edge regarding eliminating any threats to their vod service, that's not the prime reason for basically ignoring aftv2. It's just that there a little reason to focus on a quite locked down and feature-poor device nowadays, with a number of Android TV solution on the market.
(2015-10-28, 08:54)Koying Wrote: This is a standard feature as of Android marshmallow, I read (didn't test myself).
So you'll have to wait for FireOS 6 or browse the numerous threads regarding moving the data folder to external storage.

P. S. Note that, personnally, although Amazon is pushing the edge regarding eliminating any threats to their vod service, that's not the prime reason for basically ignoring aftv2. It's just that there a little reason to focus on a quite locked down and feature-poor device nowadays, with a number of Android TV solution on the market.

But some apps are getting installed on my external SD card by default. I think it's not a marshmallow feature.
(2015-10-28, 08:54)Koying Wrote: ...
It's just that there a little reason to focus on a quite locked down and feature-poor device nowadays, with a number of Android TV solution on the market.

Except their Boxes are the only one doing Amazon Prime Video Wink Sad
(2015-10-29, 09:27)Vlaves Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 08:54)Koying Wrote: ...
It's just that there a little reason to focus on a quite locked down and feature-poor device nowadays, with a number of Android TV solution on the market.

Except their Boxes are the only one doing Amazon Prime Video Wink Sad

Well, when Amazon prime will be available in Belgium , I might review my judgement Wink
With all due respect, I think we are talking totally out of our main topic. Can we just stay on the topic here?

The point was why Kodi is not getting installed on SD card. It do not have to do anything with Amazon's prime service or content business and Android version. I have both Lollipop and Marshmallow, on both I can install many apps to the external SD card. Even other apps (like the MX player) is getting in the external SD card. So I think we can talk on this issue. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install on SD card of Fire TV (2015 Edition)1