•   
  • 73(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
Is there a way to avoid the need for regular resigning?

If the ATV 4K is jailbroken perhaps?
Hi Guys,

I have a small problem that I get the error message: App installation failed. This application does not support this kind of device.

I have a Apple TV. I selected in Xcode also tvOS. I go step by step the instructions for Xcode and iOS App Signer. Tried the unstable release 18.0 Beta 5 also stable release 17.6.

But have the same error message.

Thank you in advance for your support.
There is no Kodi 18 for tvOS at the moment.

Here you find the latest tvOS builds based on Kodi Krypton:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/

The tvOS port needs maintainers:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326914

If you see yourself in a position to help, you would make some people happy here. Wink

Regards
frontend software - tvOS | android tv | win10 | kodi krypton
frontend hardware - apple tv | nvidia shield tv | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral 5.1 | samsung le40a789
backend software - debian | kernel 4.14 | proxmox | omv | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | dd max s8
I just did this again yesterday after about a year. I had to try and remember the process becasue I had a hell of a time about a year ago trying to get it onto my iPad. So here are some of the errors I figured out hopefully it helps someone else. The ipa file you create with the Appsigner has to have the same name as the app you create in XCode. When you open XCode before you start doing the steps make sure your iPad/iPhone is connected. Then in the upper left corner click where it says iPhone XR etc. Then at the top select your device. It should at some point suggest you go to settings, general, device management and authorize or trust your dev ID on the device. Then follow the rest of the steps on the first page and you should be golden.
  •   
  • 73(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)58