Raspberry Pi2 and audio delay / distorton while video playback
Hi,

last Saturday I got the official Pi touchscreen and setup a new OpenELEC installation with the Milhouse modification (thank you for this great job).

I configured everything as I needed (network access with an 54 MBit nano Edimax WLAN adapter), installed LiveTV addon (for streaming TV from my settop box ), Youtube addon and radio addon.

The radio addon works fine. Clear sound, no delay or harmonic distortion. But when I use the Youtube-Addon, the video works fine, but the audio changes from the "clean" to a distortion one.

I hadn't test a direct (wired) network connection, but I used the same WLAN adapter a few month ago (with the same Pi, but a normal HDMI display and without the Milhouse modification), and I got no audio issues.

So I don't know if this is a problem of using the new display.

Btw: Does anyone know if the EDIMAX EW-7811UTC adapter (for 5GHz WLAN) is supported by a Milhouse modifiacted OpenELEC?

Regards,

Rainer
Try OpenELEC 6.0 as it supports that WiFi adapter, and report if you have the same distortion. A debug log (wiki) from a build which has distortion would be useful.

If both builds have distortion try testing with wired ethernet and not WiFi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is this HDMI audio through the TV?
Does it change with omxplayer enabled/disabled? (in video/acceleration settings)
Does it change with passthrough enabled/disabled? (in system/audio settings)

I'd like to know what this distortion sounds like. Perhaps a video made from a phone and uploaded to youtube?
(2015-11-02, 14:40)popcornmix Wrote: Is this HDMI audio through the TV?
Does it change with omxplayer enabled/disabled? (in video/acceleration settings)
Does it change with passthrough enabled/disabled? (in system/audio settings)

I'd like to know what this distortion sounds like. Perhaps a video made from a phone and uploaded to youtube?

I downloaded the final release of OpenELEC 6 and the official touch screen works fine.

The audio is set to analogue only.

But the hint with the omxplayer was great. I enabled it and there was no problem with youtube videos any more.

The only problem I have got right now is with the PVR addon (VU+ / Enigma 2). The audio is lagging (round about every 5 seconds).

I have already connected the Pi2 with a cable to the switch where my settop box is connected to.

Do you have any hint for this problem, too?

Regards,

Rainer
PVR is likely to be MPEG-2 format. Do you have the MPEG-2 codec licence?
No I have no licence yet. I didn't need one before.

I just want to use LiveTV from my settop box (Gigablu HD quad). The settop box has two tuner installed, so I can watch LiveTV on the Pi and another channel can be watched on the TV (connected via HDMI with the settop box)

I don't want to do any recordings with the Pi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi2 and audio delay / distorton while video playback0