MCE Rc6 remote - No OK or BACK buttons
Hey guys,

I was running OpenElec and everything worked pretty nicely out of the box. But iv changed over to HTPCGuides img of a
Minibian. I did this because the img comes packaged with Kodi, Plex, Sickbeard, etc.. all the good stuff i needed but could
not seem to get for OpenElec. Most of it seems to work pretty much out of the box however my remote now wont SELECT or
go BACK. I can browse through the menu but i can't select anything.

The remote i have btw is http://www.acowin.com.hk/product535.html

Worth noting there is an "ENTER" key down the bottom which does work. But then i can't go back anyway.

I first tried downloading the keymap editor program in Kodi's repo. However it also ignores my key presses for those 2 buttons.

Checked the driver was loaded and correct: It's the same in my OpenELEC version so i would say so.
Code:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1934:5168 Feature Integration Technology Inc. (Fintek) F71610A or F71612A Consumer Infrared Receiver/Transceiver

dmesg
Code:
[    4.393093] Registered IR keymap rc-rc6-mce
[    4.403875] input: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/platform/soc/3f      980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/rc/rc0/input0
[    4.423768] rc0: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168) as /devices/platform/soc/3f98      0000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/rc/rc0
[    4.432384] IR RC5(x/sz) protocol handler initialized
[    4.432389] IR NEC protocol handler initialized
[    4.440232] IR JVC protocol handler initialized
[    4.440798] IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
[    4.442112] IR Sony protocol handler initialized
[    4.449858] IR SANYO protocol handler initialized
[    4.451964] IR Sharp protocol handler initialized
[    4.454119] IR MCE Keyboard/mouse protocol handler initialized
[    4.454999] input: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (mceusb) as /devices/virtual/input/input1
[    4.457857] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 245
[    4.460681] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0
[    4.460695] IR LIRC bridge handler initialized
[    4.461823] IR XMP protocol handler initialized
[    4.591557] systemd[1]: Started Increase datagram queue length.
[    4.611389] systemd[1]: Started Restore / save the current clock.
[    4.633144] mceusb 1-1.4:1.0: Registered FINTEK eHome Infrared Transceiver with mce emulator interface versio      n 2

I tried to see if any luck could come from installing Lirc.. That was probably a bad idea..The remote was 'mostly' working without Lirc
and Lirc confuses the heck out of me. For starters the install went fine but the results were the exact same.. Every botton seems to
work except the 2 most important ones.

Code:
dpkg-reconfigure-lirc
.. actually does nothing for me. I enter this in cmd line and it freezes up for a moment and then just carry's on like
i never asked for a thing.

ir-keytable
Code:
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
        Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
        Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY SANYO LIRC RC-5-SZ SHARP XMP other
        Enabled protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY
        Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared
        bus: 3, vendor/product: 1934:5168, version: 0x0001
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Tried killing Lirc and ran:
Code:
ir-keytable -t
It launches into a test mode.. And does not record any buttons i press on the remote.
Although Kodi is still responding to Left, Right, up, down etc

I am fairly certain i should be going backwards at this point. Lirc probably does not need to be there. I think i need to find the
ir-keytable kodi is responding to and see if i can get it working from there?

I hate dealing with remotes. I don't get it and everyone seems to have a different fix.. Anyone got some thoughts?

btw..

uname -r
Code:
4.1.12-v7+
It's "dpkg-reconfigure lirc", not "dpkg-reconfigure-lirc". And lirc probably is the only way you're going to fix this problem, if it's something that can be fixed. Don't forget to reboot after making any changes.
Just a typo, sorry about that. I have copied and pasted the command from a few places on different occasions with no luck.

I noticed the lirc hardware.conf file had "#UNCONFIGURED, same as lircmd.conf.. Looks like Lirc has no real configuration and i can't seem to give it
any because for whatever reason the reconfigure command is not working.

I was able to at least re-assign the back button to another button on the remote.. Can't really keep it like that though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Rc6 remote - No OK or BACK buttons0