• 9(current)
1Ghz CPU Xbox but XBMC reads it as 733mhz, help fixing?
flash Wrote:sorry my mistake. I automatically associate MKV with x264. So 720p x264. Is there a chance in hell that will happen.

I think it's theoretically possible, but if you've read the entire thread you'll see that there's some weird issue going on that doesn't appear to be fully diagnosed at this point.
still no word on performance issues with 1ghz/1480?
nope, the 1ghz uses a lower speed fps, wich is probably why it's not faster than standard xbox. the 1480 i have no idea, could be something similar.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

naa it isnt that mate
the fsb multiplier is forced to 7.5 on the pins
at 133 fsb

elupus Wrote:nope, the 1ghz uses a lower speed fps, wich is probably why it's not faster than standard xbox. the 1480 i have no idea, could be something similar.
then i've got no idea. suppose there are something in the xdk that limits it, but that seems weird too.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Can we do some very simple benchmark tests, like run a for-loop for a few seconds and see how high it counted on 733mhz vs 1 ghz? I don't have the XDK, but I'm happy to run it on my XBOX (733) if someone can provide the binaries.
HI,
been following this thread and I have a questions.

if cache is turned off, the videos seems to work better then if it was turned on, this is using both 733 and 1ghz, why would this be the case ?

this was tested/proven using HD (720p) type vids.
Why not test it the way I tested the new faster mplayer build.

Just follow elupus's instructions:
Quote:neat. could you try running the benchmark switch on it? turn on debug log, then add a .conf file with same name as the file you play ie filename.avi.conf in same dir as file.

file should just contain these two lines.
benchmark=1
nosound=1

then look at xbmc logfile after playback, it should give you timings for the playback.

Just make sure you find a file that doesn't max out on the 60fps, or whatever the max is on yours. (like a 720p file would work).

Cya Cool
finas & I are working on making some benchmarks with various configurations, once we are finished we will post in a new thread.
Finas & I are working on making some benchmarks with various configurations, once we are finished we will post in a new thread.

So far I have found the following bugs with XBMC using an upgarded CPU,

- CPU temp is reported as much lower than BIOS & other programs.
- Mplayer reports CPU usage as a constant 0%
Also the performance degrade with caching enabled has been resolved a while back.
MartinC Wrote:Also the performance degrade with caching enabled has been resolved a while back.

MartinC -
Can you tell me what version was it fixed in?

I got Pimped 7-29-2007 and it's still happening, with cache set to "OFF" the 1ghz works great, but if I turn on cache it starts to get all whacked an starts giving jerky video (on the HD flix, its works ok on non HD flix).
Zorro Wrote:MartinC -
Can you tell me what version was it fixed in?

I got Pimped 7-29-2007 and it's still happening, with cache set to "OFF" the 1ghz works great, but if I turn on cache it starts to get all whacked an starts giving jerky video (on the HD flix, its works ok on non HD flix).
It's definitely improved because 480P H264 files now play fine with cache enabled & 720P H264 files have always run below realtime using the 1GHz anyway...

Can you provide a sample?
I tried playing Need for Speed Most Wanted yesterday & had some interesting finds

Running the game from DVD-ROM, unmodified it plays "fast" but without major issues for a race then it starts to dramatically slow down (like an under resourced PC), running the game with the 1GHz synchronization patch it runs at the right speed for a race & then again to a higher degree slows right down.

My 1st theory on this:

The XBOX uses a HyperTransport front-side bus, the CPU needs to be "HyperTransport enabled" Intel chips do not support "HyperTransport" so it's possible that the original XBOX/Intel chip was slightly custom.
Well, I've got a worthless cpu upgraded Xbox for sale then....

MartinC Wrote:I tried playing Need for Speed Most Wanted yesterday & had some interesting finds

Running the game from DVD-ROM, unmodified it plays "fast" but without major issues for a race then it starts to dramatically slow down (like an under resourced PC), running the game with the 1GHz synchronization patch it runs at the right speed for a race & then again to a higher degree slows right down.

My 1st theory on this:

The XBOX uses a HyperTransport front-side bus, the CPU needs to be "HyperTransport enabled" Intel chips do not support "HyperTransport" so it's possible that the original XBOX/Intel chip was slightly custom.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1Ghz CPU Xbox but XBMC reads it as 733mhz, help fixing?2