Disable all 3D options
I have Kodi 14.2 running on my laptop. Its a gaming laptop. I believe this is a drivers related issue. I installed the latest NVidia drivers for this machine and now Kodi seems to think I have a 3D monitor. Every time I start a video I get a playback choice of "prefered mode" or "monoscopic". And it becomes difficult to adjust resolution. Is there any way to simply turn off all 3D related stuff in Kodi?
Try
Settings/System/Video Output/Stereoscopic 3D Mode = Disabled
Settings/System/Video Output/Preferred Mode = Same as Movie
Settings/Video/Playback/Playback Mode = Preferred
Settings/Video/Playback/Disable Stereoscopic = Enabled
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
well, if you get asked if video should be played in 3D or 2D, then you're likely playing a 3D movie, or Kodi thinks you're playing a 3D movie. If this is the case, the dialog is correct. If it's not a 3D movie it either has a wrong metadata, is named "foo.3D.XXXX.mkv" or you accidently set the stereomode for that file in video settings OSD (when playing the video, open the video settings and fix the stereomode setting).

If you however only want to get rid of the asking dialog and always want to watch 3D movies in 3D, do what brazen1 said.
That may or may not be the case. I was trying to watch a classic movie made in 1961 and it popped up with the 3d stuff.
You could also check if Stereoscopic 3D is activated in NVIDIA Control Panel and try disabling it from there. Usually it can be run by selecting "NVIDIA Control Panel" from the right click menu on the desktop. After that select "Stereoscopic 3D" > "Set up stereoscopic 3D" > Uncheck "Enable sterescopic 3D" (if enabled).
@jglazer63 - can you provide a clean Debug Log while trying to play that particular movie? In that log we can see to some extent what's going on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable all 3D options0