Certain AVI files won't play
I'm finding that most of the new movies and TV shows won't play. This happens with both downloaded files and files I've ripped myself. It doesn't seem to have a pattern either. For example, I ripped one movie using FairUse and it plays fine, but another I ripped right afterwards using the same settings doesn't. Both files play fine on my PC though. These aren't HD either, just straight DVD rips to 700MB XVID/MP3.

Here's what I've tried so far.

Upgraded to XBMC-SVN_2007-02-09_rev7813-T3CH
Reinstalled again deleting UDATA\TDATA\UserData
Set cache to 0 and 256
Disabled web and ftp server

Here is my debug of me attempting to play one of the files.
http://baconhat.com/img/xbmc.log

This just started about a month ago, with me not having changed anything since 2.0 was released. What else can I try?
Any ideas? Any suggestions for other things to check?
Quote:AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug Sad

mplayer cant find a video stream in your avi. Try using the latest test mplayer.dll found in the development section.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That got me further. It still won't play the files, but now when I select the file instead of doing nothing it opens a window with the following text:

Opening File
libavformat file format detected
Cancel

The files I got from the dev section were mplayer.dll and codecs.conf, and I placed them in /E/Apps/XBMC/system/players/mplayer/. Were there any more I need?

Here's a new xbmc.log with these files
http://baconhat.com/img/xbmc-new.log
I just tried streaming one of the files from my PC and it worked, so thinking I might have a drive issue I repartitioned and reinstalled. Everything appears to be working okay now. All files play normally.

I assume something got corrupted on the file table or something of that nature. I'm going to pull the drive and run some diagnostics. Is this a common occurance with modded boxes? My friend had a drive fail on him as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Certain AVI files won't play0