No Video Library
I'm having an issue similar to what i had when upgrading from 14 to 15. When i try to update from 15.2 to 16.0 beta i have no video library. If i go to Video - Files i get set content in the right click menu. If i try to set anything it won't hold the settings. Here is a log from 15.2 http://xbmclogs.com/p83vbjoej

and from 16.0 beta http://xbmclogs.com/pid5f8ocp

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and using a mysql library.
The problem is from a MySQL db creation failure from 15.x to 16.

Drop your v16 databases (do not drop your v15 dbs).

Restart Kodi, Kodi should then pull from the v15 db and recreate the v16 db's from that data. Should be sorted after that.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Thank you! I will try that now. Also I have an addon throwing me an error constantly popping up and i can't figure out what i need to uninstall. Do you see anything else in the log? Thanks again for the help.

Edit**I only seem to have one videodb file MyVideos91. Am I looking at the right thing? Should i install 15, copy the db then update and replace myvideos91 with the one from 15? I can see the files if i go to Videos but i cannot set content.

Edit***I deleted MyVideos91 and it did't work. I kept a copy though.
To be honest I didn't look, but I did this time:

You are getting a MySQL error 1060 from 94 to 99.

This is in lines 196 to 205.

Are you using the command line client? Apparently you also have other databases.

My iPad is about to die, so I will look up the 1066 issue and get back with ya. Smile
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Check this post. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213311

Query your 94 tables and make sure stuff is In there. Check your permissions, etc. 1 percent on the pad, best I can do this second.

And what version of MySQL
Thank you very much. I think i am using it. When i go to programs it says MYSQL 5.6 Command Line Client in the first entry. I have no idea how to query anything or check what is where. I tried to install phpmyadmin and it's a tar file so i can't figure out how to install it. I tried using mysql workbench but can't make heads or taols of it. Sorry i'm not to versed in this.
Figured it out i think. In log 1 you were on myvideos93 (v15). In log 2 you are trying to update from 94 (v16a) to 99 (v16a4 or v16b)

So did you successfully install 16alpha1?

Use command line client and SHOW DATABASES;

If your last good version was 93 and its there, then drop 94 and 99. Restart kodi
No. The same problem happened when i tried to install 16 alpha1. Also command line client flashes on the screen but does not come up, even if i run as administrator. How do i drop them assuming i can get the command line client to appear?
Use:
Show Databases; (note the colon)

Then (only on the new databases)
Drop database kodi_videoXX; (note colon, and XX is the database from the appropriate version)

(and music if needed)

Are you selecting the command line client from the mysql folder? Should run just like a standard command line, but ask you for your user/pass
Music always survives the update fine. When this happened last time it also affected one of the team members and they had to fix it in the next release. I'm going to restart the computer and try the command line client again. If it does not come up i suppose i will have to delete everything and start all over. I seem to remember that you can't just uninstall mysql, you have to delete the databases before doing so. Is there a way to do that without the command line client? Thank you again for all the help.

Edit*Yeah, the command line client still won't open. It must be some problem that occurred when i updated to windows 10.

Edit** It appears i need to add the bin folder to the system path. I'm going to try to run down this rabbit hole. I will update.
Check the MYSQL service, is it running?

Open the "Run..." line on Windows
Type "services.msc", hit "OK"
Find "MySQL56", right-click and choose "Start"
Here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/...rvice.html

That may help you more
It's running. It works fine with 15.2. And the musicdb works fine with all versions of kodi.
(2015-11-20, 04:18)DonBrutto Wrote: It's running. It works fine with 15.2. And the musicdb works fine with all versions of kodi.

Oh - I was stuck on your command line client not firing Big Grin

try (in regular command line):
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysql -uroot
Ok. Im now trying to drop databases. It says it can't drop them because they don't exist. I should keep 91 though right?

Edit* None of them exist. Myvideos91 is the one in the userdata folder. Am i missing something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Video Library0