Videos missing in library
Sad 
I can't figure out why many movies won't get added to the library after a scan.

They are all in the folder MOVIES each in a single folder with the movie's name and the year. To give an example of the folder structure:
Movies\sin city (2005)\sin.city.2005.mkv
Movies\sin city 2 a dame to kill for (2014)\sin.city.2014.mkv

The first movie is picked up while the second won't be found. This is a real example! File and folder names read exactly like that. I can't believe that the scraper is that stupid. What else could be the issue?

For sequels I often number the folder names, like iron man 1 (2000), iron man 2 (2001) and so forth. Of course the studios don't add the number indicating the sequel. But could this cause scanning trouble?
It is best to stick to the exact name that the source websites use. I don't know whether you use IMDB as source or theMovieDB, but both have the 2nd movie listed as "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For".
You can't use the ":" in file names so you should just leave it out. "Sin City A Dame to Kill For (2014)" scraped fine on my setup.
If all else fails you can create a movie.nfo file with just the url to the correct page on either IMDB or TheMovieDB. That forces the scraper to use that movie regardless of the foldername but I rarely have needed that for movies.
Scrapers are not that stupid but there are a lot of movies so it's better to use an exact name as listed on these websites.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thanks for the helpful reply. I am using the default tmdb scraper. I got rid of my previous structure with subfolders for genres because that tripped the scraper badly and the scan results were even worse.

So you say if a movie isn't recognized or not correctly picked up I could add an nfo file with an URL as a last resort? If it contained more text than just the URL would it still work? If I used tmdb scraper would it be able to read imdb URL?
Folder names aren't the problem, it's the file names on the media that the scrapers use. You could have "sin city the rise of the killer penguins (2014) mad cow edition" as the folder.

If you don't have scan recursively checked, that will cause fails as well if you go more than parent folder for the movie. No need for genre, as kodi does that for you. Unless of course that's how you roll on organization Big Grin

As to the nfo file, once you create a local it negates the scraper. The best thing to do is to is to match the IMDb naming, or get a file namer like file bot for success.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
It seems the seeking logic is really touchy. Had a file with correct title and year. Only some characters at the beginning which were irrelevant. The movie wasn't found until I deleted those chars and suddenly it appeared in the library right. Additionally with sequels there seem to be a lot of recognition troubles. But also very simple cases where I don't get how there could be an issue. Avatar (2009) wouldn't be found until I created an nfo file with the corresponding imdb URL in it.

I guess what's important to mention is that the nfo file should have the same filenames as the movie file.

I am flexible to adapt. Although I prefer certain organizational ways, that's how I roll:-D everybody has his individual preferences and way of thinking. But I noticed with tv shows that kodi was too stupid. No matter how I set content. If I had the shows as subfolders under genre folders the folders for the genres would get listed as shows too. The folder ACTION was listed in the library as a series named action. Which I didn't know existed ;-)
Addendum: funny case with the movie promised land 2012. Although I created an nfo with imdb URL in it and named it like the movie file it won't be found, no chance.
I use the imdb numbers as my file names and have never had any issues.
e.g.
Movies\sin city (2005)\tt0401792.mkv
Movies\sin city 2 a dame to kill for (2014)\tt0458481.mkv
Chriskeens: Where do you get the numbers from?

Is anybody able to add the wolf of Wall Street? I can't! Such problems really bug me. Folder name unique, filenames as well, even nfo with imdb URL in it placed there. Still won't be scraped in the library.
(2015-11-19, 00:37)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: Folder names aren't the problem, it's the file names on the media that the scrapers use. You could have "sin city the rise of the killer penguins (2014) mad cow edition" as the folder.

That is wrong. Unless you aren't using folders at all.
(2015-11-19, 13:08)foo-on-air Wrote: Chriskeens: Where do you get the numbers from?

Is anybody able to add the wolf of Wall Street? I can't! Such problems really bug me. Folder name unique, filenames as well, even nfo with imdb URL in it placed there. Still won't be scraped in the library.

Answering your question regarding the numbers: Look at this link Follow the white rabbit

Search on imdb for your movie and the address gives you the magic numbers.

I hope this helped.
(2015-11-19, 20:39)helta Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 00:37)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: Folder names aren't the problem, it's the file names on the media that the scrapers use. You could have "sin city the rise of the killer penguins (2014) mad cow edition" as the folder.

I am using folders.

In the interest of knowledge, I took "3 days to kill (2014) [1080p]" renamed to "3 days to kill on an off day (2014) [1080p] retardo land". Removed from Kodi, cleaned the library, and removed all nfo and other files less the movie. Left media named as should be.

Place back into Kodi (with effed up folder name) and the cd cover came back in movies. With actor info, plot, etc. movie shows as should irregardless of folder naming.

Exported library, and all associated files showed up in the directory properly.

In extra effort I renamed the folder to "unicorns a story of pansie dust" same result.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Probably depends how you set up your source. The setting "movies are in separate folders that match the movie title " springs to mind.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-19, 13:08)foo-on-air Wrote: Chriskeens: Where do you get the numbers from?

as theplayer02 said... find the movie's page on imdb... click in the address bar and the tt number is in there.

so for instance.. the wolf of wall street (2013) page is located at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
so the tt number is tt0993846

I am yet to ever have an issue scraping if the number is used on its own as a filename. I have only had an issue when it comes to adding to the filenames for skin purposes. I use filenames to tell the skin which media case to display and so a lot of my files would be 't0993846.BluRay.mkv'. These scan fine, but if I use 'tt0993846.Web.mkv' for a web-dl file it does not scrape.
(2015-11-20, 09:29)nickr Wrote: Probably depends how you set up your source. The setting "movies are in separate folders that match the movie title " springs to mind.

Genius! Yep makes sense. Didnt think of that Big Grin
(2015-11-20, 01:34)Redwingsfansfc Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 20:39)helta Wrote:

Left media named as should be.
that's the thing. how do you know how the filename should be? imdb lists movies under a certain title but often gives the original title as well which differs. and for the default tmdb scraper of kodi i am not sure to which extent it is comptabile with imdb title names.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos missing in library0