Android Print Library List
Hi, I am using Kodi on Amazon Fire TV. Recently my storage device failed, so I have now lost all of my media. The film/TV show titles are still showing in the library view, although obviously the files themselves are missing.

What I want to know is whether there is a way of exporting the list of titles in the library, so that I can have a printable list to work from and rebuild my collection. If so, how do I do this?

Any help much appreciated.
let me google that for you

Wow first link... http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

Heck even link#2 has an answer too..... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Backup_the_library
Thanks. Yeah I had googled it before, and found the wiki articles you linked to.

The thing is, neither of those articles says where the backup is saved to, and how I then access it in the form of a printable document.

Or am I missing something?
1.1.2 Exporting to separate files
If you choose to export to separate files you will also be asked if you want to export thumbnails and fanart as well.
The resulting XML .nfo file and associated image files will then be exported to the location of the corresponding video files.
Right... but as I said, the hard drive where the video files were stored has failed, so it no longer exists...

In that case, where would the XML .nfo file be exported to?
use 'export to single file'. it will allow you to select the destination folder.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
In your specific case, the Missing Movies add-on may also help.

It scans your library and your sources and highlights movies and TV shows that are in your library but not your sources. You can also then export the results as a text file.

Doesn't give the entirety of your library, but it can show you the files that are AWOL which I guess may fit your bill well enough?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Actually I think missing movies does the opposite, looks at your files and works out what is not in the library.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If the OP has lost all his media then the end result will be the same, as everything listed in the library will also be missing. That's why I was specific that the suggestion was for his specific case.

But you're right in terms of what the add-on does in general.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The addon won't show anything as all the files he does still have will be in the library.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks all. Looking at that add-on it sounds like nickr is right. It sounds like a useful add-on though so I will get it anyway.

So when I 'export to single file', where should I save it to so that I can then access it easily?
(2015-12-06, 14:24)Nibbsy Wrote: Thanks all. Looking at that add-on it sounds like nickr is right. It sounds like a useful add-on though so I will get it anyway.

So when I 'export to single file', where should I save it to so that I can then access it easily?

same problem,just tried that add-on and it doesnt work  Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Print Library List0