Win NextPVR client - TV Guide - Genres unavailable
I have a server/client configuration under Windows 10 (NextPVR 3.6.6 server + Kodi 16.0 beta 3 confluence client + add-on NextPVR client 1.12.3).
Xmltv TV guide file is downloaded by NextPVR server on the kazer.org website.
Everything worked properly except TV guide genres.
In Kodi TV guide all TV programs appear with the genre "Other / Unknown" so that search genres like "films" in the guide are impossible.
I specify that :
- all genres are available in the original xmltv TV guide file
- all genres are correctly displayed in the TV guide with NextPVR client
This problem was the same under previous versions of Kodi and NextPVR.
I think there is a bug in add-on NextPVR client 1.12.4.
Can somebody help me to solve this problem ?
Can you supply a sample xmltv file?
Here a sample of TV guide xmltv file (a program on french TNT)

channel="6TER.kazer.org">
<!-- pid = 6344806 -->
<title>Chico Chica Boumba Pepper School</title>
<desc>Une série animée pour apprendre les danses du monde entier</desc>
<category lang="fr">Dessin animé</category>
<length units="minutes">25</length>
<audio><stereo>stereo</stereo></audio>
</programme>
<programme start="20151208184500 +0100" stop="20151208193500 +0100"
Sorry, I meant can you supply a complete file. I'll load it up here and take a look.
Sorry, but how can I attach a file in a post ? There is no visible option. The file has 6 Mo
I don't think you can post them here. You can either post it as an attachement over at the NextPVR forums, or post it on somewhere like dropbox, google drive or one drive, and supply a link.
Bonjour phil78.

Si tu post sur le forum de NPVR, tu pourras donner le lien ici. Ton problème et sa résolution m'intéresse également.

Merci.

Julien
Here is a link to one drive
[url=http://1drv.ms/1Y39K7R]
I've got a patch for you, but I can't post the attachement here. If you can make a thread on the NextPVR forums, I'll post the patch for you.
Thanks
I have make a thread on NextPVR forum - Support (same subject)
Thanks - patch posted to that thread.
New link to my TV guide
http://1drv.ms/1Ub6iYs
The problem has been solved with modifications in the new 3.6.6 version of NextPVR.
Now the genres are available in the TV guide uploaded by Kodi on NextPVR server.
However, the search module in Kodi/Add-on NextPVR/TV guide doesn't work properly. It isn't possible to select programs by genres in TV guide (for example "films" in order to program recordings)
The research module in Kodi includes selection criterias of genres, but they don't match with the genres uploaded in the guide, so that the search gives poor results. It's the same when using genres as keyword.
This feature was one of the best in Windows MCE. It would bee welcomed in Kodi.
(2015-12-15, 09:51)phil78 Wrote: The research module in Kodi includes selection criterias of genres, but they don't match with the genres uploaded in the guide, so that the search gives poor results. It's the same when using genres as keyword.
This is out of the control of the NextPVR addon. Its a core kodi thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR client - TV Guide - Genres unavailable0