How to control "full screen description" pop-up
New Kodi user here, I've gone through every settings but just can't find a way to stop the "full screen" takeover of the description of a show/episode.

It seems whenever I navigate to an episode/movie, a "full screen pop-up of the show description" will take over the whole screen after a brief moment, even though I don't click on it.

Is there a way to control this in one of the available settings? Thanks in advance.
I've seen this on my setup before....I believe there are 2 places where you can check to disable it. One is in the Skin settings...Go to Skins...Settings...Furniture... and make sure "Show Plot Overlay After 3 Seconds" is not checked.

The second place is on the same pop up menu you use to change whether you see your movies/tv shows as icons, big list, etc (I get there when I have the movies up and move cursor to the right or left). Make sure Show Info Overlay is not checked.

I bet this will fix your issue.

Thanks!
Yes they helped, thanks!!
Is it possible to open and close this info overlay pressing a button on a keyboard instead of waiting 3 sec?
(2015-12-17, 11:29)ShoRyuKen Wrote: Is it possible to open and close this info overlay pressing a button on a keyboard instead of waiting 3 sec?

This is something I`m really interested in as well. Anyone...?
See this tip from Jurial Munkey...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2189359
(2015-12-28, 03:58)braz Wrote: See this tip from Jurial Munkey...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2189359

Oh braz, you wonderful person, you! That worked like a charm. Thank you VERY much! Big Grin
Is there a way to set a key to work as a toggle for this view, though?
As in, press they keyboard key you've mapped to show the info overlay and press the same key again to discard/hide it?
Right now I need to use the arrow keys or the backspace key to hide the overlay - not a big deal but I´d love for those to work in "tandem" with a toggle key.

Many thanks in advance!
Would also like to have the toggle behaviour, but it seems exiting overlay is currently hardcoded in the skin to arrow directions and back only
And I am not sure you can define something in the keymap for this focus in particular

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to control "full screen description" pop-up0