Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows - HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override
EDID override doesn't work for me. I have BeeBoox directly connected to LG TV via HDMI, and sometime when I switch on BeeBox and forgot the TV (or simply the Logitech harmony fails to switch on the TV) I got the HDMI audio issue. I finally solved using HDMI PIN 19 TRICK (thank you for reporting that)... Wink

EDIT: I hope I solved also the issue when, sometimes, resuming from sleep I got resolution change from 1920x1080p to 1024x768 also on Kodi.
Has anyone confirmed if this also resolves any resolution resizing issue. My KODI resizes to a quarter of my 4K projector screen after I turn off my AVR and PJ and restart. I am confident that this is an HDMI handshake/EDID issue and hoping that this will fix it. I should be able to try this out in a couple of hours. *fingers crossed* Am almost about to dump KODI, as this issue is just too annoying.
(2017-01-09, 07:24)Spoontah Wrote: Has anyone confirmed if this also resolves any resolution resizing issue. My KODI resizes to a quarter of my 4K projector screen after I turn off my AVR and PJ and restart. I am confident that this is an HDMI handshake/EDID issue and hoping that this will fix it. I should be able to try this out in a couple of hours. *fingers crossed* Am almost about to dump KODI, as this issue is just too annoying.

Pretty sure this fixed my resolution issue - big props to the originator
@Warner306:

Thanks allot for this awesome guide. I performed this and i think it did help my system a bit. I still loose audio and sometimes i also tend to get get stuck at 1080p when i switch from another input/content (ex Nintendo Swithc or sometimes my PS4 Pro) to my media center PC (which is a skull canyon NUC).
I have also just yesterday got a tips to install a beta GPU driver from Intel which might have solved my problems. I think both this inf + new driver in combination did it for me. Still to early to say its fixed 100% but i'm very hopefull, i tested for a day and no issue. Usually it happens within a day or two.

ps. I still have the pin trick if everything fails Smile
(2017-03-21, 08:59)vampyren Wrote: @Warner306:

Thanks allot for this awesome guide. I performed this and i think it did help my system a bit. I still loose audio and sometimes i also tend to get get stuck at 1080p when i switch from another input/content (ex Nintendo Swithc or sometimes my PS4 Pro) to my media center PC (which is a skull canyon NUC).
I have also just yesterday got a tips to install a beta GPU driver from Intel which might have solved my problems. I think both this inf + new driver in combination did it for me. Still to early to say its fixed 100% but i'm very hopefull, i tested for a day and no issue. Usually it happens within a day or two.

ps. I still have the pin trick if everything fails Smile

Could you please share the link for beta Intel GPU driver?
Sure:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...15-45-?v=t

I actually shared this link in my post at Intel :-) , this being a great source of info for others facing similar issues.
https://communities.intel.com/thread/112388
Thank you, I'll try to solve the annoying issue on my Asrock BeeBox for HDMI audio loss and resolution changes.
(2017-03-21, 10:25)Lucas Rey Wrote: Thank you, I'll try to solve the annoying issue on my Asrock BeeBox for HDMI audio loss and resolution changes.

After six days I can say that (cross fingers) seems the audio/resolution issue is finally resolved after install the beta GPU driver provided by vampyren (thank you!!)
Most welcome, glad i could help. The driver is actually out of beta and there is even a newer version which works as well.
Sadly the resolution issue is still happening for me but the Audio is stable at least. One step forward one step backward sadly.
Thanks for this great guide, helped solve my issues as when I had a secondary screen on display port now and again it would create a secondary device or just reset the settings of the HDMI connected one altogether.
hello everyone. firstly sorry about my english. i had 2 connections with my graphic card. hdmi with tv and dvi-hdmi adapter with my monitor. i used it about 6 months. then i installed latest amd driver and my resolution was stucked at 640×768. monitor was named generic non pnp monitor. i solved my resolution and name problem. but still with hdmi connection no sound from monitor. but when i connect with hdmi to lcd tv i can hear sound.i tried this solution but i didnt manage to get sound. how can i solve this problem?

HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override52