Win HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override
My problem:
HTPC runs 24/7
Turning off the TV would either cause Kodi to crash or Kodi would be reduced from full screen to a reduced size or Kodi would be hung up with "Kodi Not Responding" in the task bar.

Well ladies and gents I have a solution that worked for me and was very simple and didn't involve any hardware or tape modifications. Smile

I found a program that resets the monitor, I think that's what it's doing.

Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) written by ToastyX

Setup the CRU sfotware:

Start CRU.exe Then:

1) Disable (Un-Tick) all of the default "Established Resolutions"
2) Delete all of the default "Detailed Resolutions"
3) Delete all of the default "Standard Resolutions"
4) Add a new "Detailed Resolution"
5) Under new "Detailed Resolution" I left all of the settings the same except for the active horizontal and vertical pixel dimensions, which is obviously where you set your desired screen resolution.
Once the monitor is configured properly, close CRU and run the restart.exe/restart64.exe included with CRU and you should be good to go!

What I did was download the program, unzip the file, placed the folder in my User folder and created a shortcut to the .exe restart64.exe.
Placed the shortcut in the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder so each time the PC starts so does the CRU software.

I'm still testing this so if you come up on any issue....I might have to start a new post/thread. Seems to be working fine on my BI325 Zotac and a 43" Hitachi.

EDIT Tried it on the Dell Mini 3070 with a TCL 43" TV. Had to make some changes to the settings for the HDMI port on the TCL. I changed the latency. Works like a charm!
Also have a NUC on a LG 55LM7600 and it's working fine on it too but I had to turn off Simplink.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override - by flhthemi - 2022-03-22, 16:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override3