• 10(current)
Regular Expressions
After going through the same problems many people seem to be having here, I took a step back and relooked at the problems and what experienced users were saying.

Basically I had taken a lot of time to organise my collection all with the same layout, eg

root\Title\Series 1\Title.s01.e01.avi

From the replies I have looked at, all the default settings should pickup this (and many similar variations) without the use of advancedsettings.xml

I therefore deleted advancedsettings.xml, and UserData\Database\MyVideos*.db files (you might need to set Video-Library to not enabled to delete the latter), to start afresh.

Then restarted my XBox to refresh the configuration.

Firstly re-enable the library from Settings-Video-Library-Enable Library

Go to your Video Root which should display all you folders containing either files or Series folders with files in.

On each folder in the root (not the serier folders) bring up the Context Menu and select "Set Content"

Change it to say the directory cotains TV Shows and click OK (leaving "Run automated Scan" unchecked). You should finish back at the root screen.

Then open the Contect Menu again and select "TV Show Infrmation". A screen will appear, select the correct TV Show from the list and if all is well the directory will then be scanned and a TV show Information Screen will appear. Success!!!

You can then go into the folder and the Series Folders (if applicable) and hitting Info when on a file name will bring up the episode information.

Hope this helps people who appear to be struggling in tackling a problem in what I think is the wrong way.
Hi there...

I have the following in my advancedsettings.xml file :

Code:
<tvshowmatching action="append">
    <regexp>[\._ \-]\(([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)\)[^\\/]*</regexp>                      % foo.(1x09)*
    <twopart>
        <regexp>[\._ \-]\([0-9]+x[0-9]+[\._ \-]*([0-9]+)\)[^\\/]*</regexp>         % foo.1x09 1x10
    </twopart>
  </tvshowmatching>

This was working fine with a late 2007-early 2008 build (can't remember what i had) but i just upgraded to the June 30th T3CH build to use the latest Vision2 and Aeon skins and this no longer works for me.

My TV Shows are in this format :

TV Shows (Source)\Seinfeld\Season 1\Seinfeld-(1x01)-Pilot.avi

I was able to scan all my TV Shows lie this previously but i just made the mistake of deleting my library and do a total rescan so i could get the FanArt and episode thumbnails but now i am SOL.

Is this a bug or have they changed the way the <tvshowmatching> tag works?

Any help is appreciated.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Nevermind...

I found the problem...

I did not have the <advancedsettings> tag in my advancedsettings.xml file.

In my defense, it worked without it on that older build i had Big Grin

-Pr.
I doubt that. The "advancedsettings" opening tag has always been required. The "action" parameter is brand new, added about a week ago. And there is no custom "twopart" regexp.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:I doubt that. The "advancedsettings" opening tag has always been required. The "action" parameter is brand new, added about a week ago. And there is no custom "twopart" regexp.

Yes the "action" parameter i changed it to many things while troubleshooting.
I had it as append="yes" before.

As for the <twopart>, that was taken from the online manual months ago.
It may have been removed since then but it was a documented feature at some point. Other users reference it in this very thread so we didn't just pull
it out of thin air. A quick scan shows at least these 2 posts : This one & This one

I always keep my UserData folder and my advancedsettings.xml was dated
October 2007 and my TV Shows were added to the library no problem without
that tag. It may have been a bug but i am not lying when i say i didn't have it
in my file.

I am a savvy user and have been using XBMC since it was XBMP and if i messed up, i have no problem admitting my mistakes. I do it a work where it matters so why not do it in cyberspace where nobody knows me for real? I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying...

I'm sorry if this is not what you meant but the way i took it is that i was lying when i said it worked without the tag before. I deal with users everyday that tell me they didn't change anything on their computer or software config and that it suddenly doesn't work. 99% of the time, they are full of it and that pisses me off but there is the odd 1% that truly didn't change anything and it is something on one of my servers that messed them up or something i changed on the backend.

Anyway... I am ranting... sorry...

-Pr.
I am very surprised it worked without the advancedsettings tag missing. It's the root tag. If that's missing everything gets ignored.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I don't know if the link was already posted but for people that are experimenting with RegEx'es this will come in handy. It's an online expression test tool. I use it regularly to see if my regular expresions work out the way they are supposed to.

http://gskinner.com/RegExr/
I'm not sure if this question has been answered. But I've got all my TV-shows in rar-files like this.

\Tv Shows\Heroes.S02\Heroes.S02E01.HR.HDTV.XViD-YesTV\heroes.0201.hr-yestv.rar
\Tv Shows\Heroes.S02\Heroes.S02E01.HR.HDTV.XViD-YesTV\heroes.0201.hr-yestv.r01
\Tv Shows\Heroes.S02\Heroes.S02E01.HR.HDTV.XViD-YesTV\heroes.0201.hr-yestv.r[dd]
\Tv Shows\Heroes.S02\Heroes.S02E01.HR.HDTV.XViD-YesTV\heroes.0201.hr-yestv.r47
\Tv Shows\Heroes.S02\Heroes.S02E01.HR.HDTV.XViD-YesTV\heroes.0201.hr-yestv.r48

Can XBMC recognize this structure?
Yes. Enable transparent rars.

jmarshall Wrote:Yes. Enable transparent rars.

Where is that setting?
its in the same menu as "hide parent item" and "hide media extensions". settings -> view options? or something like that.
Hi, first off I'm sorry that I've had to come post in search of salvation...Blush

My TV shows are stored on my xbox in this file structure:

TV Shows\Show\Season x\SEE - Episode

eg TV Shows\Family Guy\Season 1\101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi

I was having no luck getting episodes picked up in the search but was able to pick up the shows and I then could see the shows in the library (but no episodes).

After trying this example from the wiki I was able to pick up some shows:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

But the majority of shows were incorrect or missing so I tried some other things. After reading this thread I decided that I should re-evaluate my naming structure to have the file names as s1e01 - Death Has a Shadow.avi because this should prevent any confusion with season numbers etc. I'd be willing to change all my files if it worked but at the moment with the above example as a test the scan picks it up as One Piece Huh

My question is what regexp would work for my existing file structure or how do I get the correct tv show information to be picked up if I opt to rename my files s1e01 etc?

Thanks in advance and once again I'm sorry for asking what is probably a simple question. I am thoroughly prepared to look like a muppet when the simple soloution is pointed out to meOo
I have the exact structure as you, except with my files renamed as S01E01 - EpName.avi. The default regular expressions will work for that as long as you Set Content on the "TV Shows" level. Make sure you use TheTVDB.com scraper, since we're cool and all. Wink
Does the TVDB scraper ignore leading zeros in episodes?
I noticed that all the ep's on TVDB are 1, 2, 3, 4
Where as i like mine: 01, 02, 03, 04

im using: <regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
Family Guy/Season 2/02 - Holy Crap.avi
atoi() so yes
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regular Expressions1