Trying to record standard broadcast channels
Hi everyone I am new to media boxes, Kodi, and all of this stuff. Recently I bought a Minix X8H+ and love it.

What I am trying to do is watch standard broadcast channels through the Kodi interface. I am talking about standard broadcast cable eg ABC, FOX, etc. nothing illegal or shady. I can easily pull down these channels for free with my HD antenna. The question is, how can I record these shows? I have been trying to get IPTV to work with Kodi but nothing is working.

The best I could do was purchase an HDHomeRun, and download the HDHomeRun addon. But this only allows me to watch, not record -- and that doesn't help because I can already watch these channels for free if I connect the HD antenna to my TV directly. I read online about how you need to rent a cable card for $2/mo so I called my ISP/cable provider (RCN) but they say they will not rent cable cards unless you are paying for a basic cable package (which is $10/mo). But if i have to pay for a basic cable package that kind of defeats the whole point of getting an HD antenna, doesn't it?

Is there something critical that I am missing here? Or is what I want simply not possible?

Thanks for any help
Ali
Keep an eye in this url http://silicondust.com/shop they have opened access to the early pvr beta they are looking to release shortly.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Awesome, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to record standard broadcast channels0