Problems with Kodi on an Android TV Box
Hello,
I have bought an Android TV Box Emish.

On this "toy" there was also Kodi preinstalled, and first I updated successfully it to Isengard Version.
It works, but I am not able to add videos stored in an USB external NTFS drive.
I mean, it seems that Kodi does not see the HD. Instead, che standard media player embedded in the TV box sees it perfectly and plays videos stored inside.
But I would like to use Kodi instead...
Can you help me? Huh
With kodi you have to tell it where your vids are. Are you saying that the USB drive doesn't show when you do video - files- add files- root- storage etc.?
Video management (wiki) may help a bit.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for your anwers.
Yes sonofdibnah, I know thai I have to tell to kody where the videos are stored so that it can add them to its media library.

But if I do: video > files > add files I don't see the USB external drive
USB drives don't show up like that as they are removable.

You can navigate to them in the files view. Then use the context menu to set the content to either movies, TV shows or music as appropriate then it should give you the option to add the content to the library.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello Darren Hill,

yes, I have thought that the "Browse" Windows can only show fixed and not removable drives or different protocols.

But, in the files view, the ONLY thing I see is "Add Videos", like this: http://kodi.wiki/images/thumb/6/69/Quick...tart-2.png

And if I ckick on it, than I have a new window where the only thing I can do is "Browse..."
you said that you "updated to Isengard version" - it is most common that manufacturers install custom versions of XBMC/Kodi onto their crappy boxes, maybe the update broke access to mounted drives and you would need to reset it. one question, out of curiosity: does it really say "ANDRIOD" on your box?

OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Andriod?!??!?!
Oh my God...

No, my top box is this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51...L1000_.jpg
bought on amazon.it. I see that the white version has this error.... however I have the black one where it is written whitout errors.

However, I updated to the Isengard version using the Google Play Store.

It is interesting where what you said: "maybe the update broke access to mounted drives and you would need to reset it"
How could I check and repair this?
If you go to the file manager in Kodi, do you see it there? Also if you plug it in whilst Kodi is running do you get any messages about the drive mounting?

Given the other apps on the box can see it there's no simple hardware or power issue, and if it's a Google play store install it should be a genetic install. Do you have any add-ons installed, in case they are screwing thing up?

Kodi Blog Posts
File manager in Kodi... uhm, I can't remember, where is the file manager in Kodi? I apologize, but this is the first time that I use Kodi.

If I plug the drive in whilst Kodi is running... No, I don't get any message about the drive.

Finally, I have no add-on installed. As I said, first I run Kodi, I saw that it was not updated (it was 14.2 maybe), so I have deleted it and installed Isengard version from Google Play Store (version 15.2, possible?). Then I tried to connect my external drive to import movies...
Under Confluence it is in the sub menu below system on the main menu ribbon. With other skins it may be elsewhere, but it's usually somewhere around the system menu item or linked from it.

But if it's not visible there then it does sound like the hardware or firmware is doing something strange or needing some non standard drivers or something which won't be an easy fix.

Kodi Blog Posts
1.System -> File Manager -> Add Source
2.Browse to Root File System -> /storage -> /external_storage -> /hdx

Linux is a pain in the ass they bury the USB harddrive
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Thank you, Rickt1962, I'll try this this evening.
Also make sure you have correct version of Kodi. I have a cheap android TV box, it came with custom RC build of kodi 15.2 Isengard. I had to upgrade to Kodi 15.2 stable manually.
sigh Rickt: browsing root filesystem, under storage I have only "emulated" and "sdcard0"
But I have an "external storage" at the same level of "root filesystem" but there is no "hdx" folder inside, it contains the same files that I see browsing root filesystem > storage > sdcard0

Version shoud be 15.2 stable, so it is called in the google play store where I got it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Kodi on an Android TV Box0