Problems with Kodi on an Android TV Box
sabich, you should reset the box so that you can test if the pre-installed Kodi/XBMC can access external storage. I also invite you to visit http://freaktab.com/ where the community supports diverse Android media player boxes, maybe they can help you out.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Does a stick formatted as FAT32 show up?
(2015-12-29, 23:26)sabich Wrote: sigh Rickt: browsing root filesystem, under storage I have only "emulated" and "sdcard0"
But I have an "external storage" at the same level of "root filesystem" but there is no "hdx" folder inside, it contains the same files that I see browsing root filesystem > storage > sdcard0

Version shoud be 15.2 stable, so it is called in the google play store where I got it.

Sorry ! Try this Video folder select Files then select add videos the select browse go to Root then /var/media your hard drive should show
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Hello everybody and happy new year.
So, the situation is this: I have no "var " folder under root BUT if I plug in a stick formatted as FAT32, it shows up under video > files.
So the problem is that kodi does not show NTFS external drive. I can also say that usually I use these drives connected to a Mac but I confirm that they are formatted as NTFS cause Windows and other media players use them perfectly.
(2016-01-01, 12:42)sabich Wrote: So the problem is that kodi does not show NTFS external drive.

Kodi isn't responsible for filesystem support. Have you verified that your Android device supports NTFS?
Hello Mike,
yes, as I said the media player AND the filesystem "embedded" in the android box show the external drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Kodi on an Android TV Box0