• 17(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Still no U1 sample for me after repeated promises they'd send one, otherwise I'd test. But, w/Tronsmart S95 & Beelink MiniMX, no dynamic refresh rate switching. As WeTek Core (I know it's S812) isn't able to do HD audio passthru and dynamic refresh rate switching at the same time, which seems to also affect Minix X8-H & U1, it seems AMLogic SDK (hopefully not h/w) is the issue... until they provide a fix for manufacturers to take advantage. Just speculating.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
hdmkv try Christian Troy build of WeTek Media Player (Based on Jarvis).
(2016-02-10, 19:27)hdmkv Wrote: Still no U1 sample for me after repeated promises they'd send one, otherwise I'd test. But, w/Tronsmart S95 & Beelink MiniMX, no dynamic refresh rate switching. As WeTek Core (I know it's S812) isn't able to do HD audio passthru and dynamic refresh rate switching at the same time, which seems to also affect Minix X8-H & U1, it seems AMLogic SDK (hopefully not h/w) is the issue... until they provide a fix for manufacturers to take advantage. Just speculating.

Try wetek core with VidOn xbmc, can you make with an email 6 month long trial, and can you test hd audio passtrough,3d,bd ISO with all android hardware.
With mini mx (105l1fw) I can passtrough dolby hd and dts-hd with VidOn xbmc.
It work on s805, and s812 too.

PS.Confusedorry I forget VidOn is GPL violator..
But what is the secret of this software? Why can make with this hd passtrough? Why cannot implement it kodi team to normal version?
I think there is no need for VidOn anymore at all. As CT confirmed, WeTek patch which is based on koying code and later polished solution by fritsch is working good on S8xx and S9xx so no sense that people pay subscription for something what they have for free as it should be.

Kodi, OpenELEC is all about community and open source, where people exchange ideas, commit code and whole community have benefit from that work.
(2016-02-10, 19:55)droidelec Wrote: hdmkv try Christian Troy build of WeTek Media Player (Based on Jarvis).

fwiw i tried it on the mini mx, it seems to perform just like the jarvis passthrough test builds. no frame rate switching in it and i cant test HD audio myself.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-02-10, 20:52)droidelec Wrote: I think there is no need for VidOn anymore at all. As CT confirmed, WeTek patch which is based on koying code and later polished solution by fritsch is working good on S8xx and S9xx so no sense that people pay subscription for something what they have for free as it should be.

Kodi, OpenELEC is all about community and open source, where people exchange ideas, commit code and whole community have benefit from that work.

the biggest thing with vidon is 3D support, which isnt working in the Wetek Build. but could be if you just added Koyings mvc code from his github.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-02-10, 20:53)dukester Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 19:55)droidelec Wrote: hdmkv try Christian Troy build of WeTek Media Player (Based on Jarvis).

fwiw i tried it on the mini mx, it seems to perform just like the jarvis passthrough test builds. no frame rate switching in it and i cant test HD audio myself.

I reffer to try on Core Smile
HD Pass-through (DTSHD MA And Dolby TRUEHD) already works on the ZidOO X5 with their built in Kodi and subscription is required either.

Don't get fool by VidOn subscription....
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-02-10, 20:55)dukester Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 20:52)droidelec Wrote: I think there is no need for VidOn anymore at all. As CT confirmed, WeTek patch which is based on koying code and later polished solution by fritsch is working good on S8xx and S9xx so no sense that people pay subscription for something what they have for free as it should be.

the biggest thing with vidon is 3D support, which isnt working in the Wetek Build. but could be if you just added Koyings mvc code from his github.

We know about Koying mvc code and I think wrxtasy already made Core OpenELEC build with that.
(2016-02-10, 19:23)wrxtasy Wrote: Well the next question is where are the Kodi GPL code changes that are required then for all the rest of the S905 Kodi community ?
I've hunted around and seen nothing.

If its AML Kernel patching, then those changes are required as well as that too is covered by a GPL licence.
There is a new setting in playback settings in "HDMI Self adaption Level 2" which writes "2" to "/sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto" & it sets build.prop variable "persist.sys.jwSelfrateenable" to "2". What does the kernel do afterwards I don't know.
Yep, only thing missing is proper 3D output (vs. TAB/HOU with 2 images). VidOn has figured out this part, but re: HD audio, agree no need for VidOn anymore.

In any case, 3D on AML boxes will be a nice-to-have extra feature due to half-rez render. For full 3D output, I'd say RPi2 & HiMedia Q5 remain the best options.
My HT
(2016-02-10, 19:05)wrxtasy Wrote: Does anyone have Dynamic Refresh Rate switching working on any S905 ?
Dynamic refresh rate switching works on the Minix U1 with HDMI self-adaptation level 2 and also on XBMC for Minix. It doesn't seem to work with other Kodi versions.

(2016-02-10, 19:27)hdmkv Wrote: Still no U1 sample for me after repeated promises they'd send one, otherwise I'd test.
Hopefully, you will get it after their New Year holidays. They seem to have sent out samples to every video reviewer on Earth. The one that I have was purchased personally. As a policy, even when offered, I don't accept samples.

(2016-02-10, 21:22)csgabe Wrote: There is a new setting in playback settings in "HDMI Self adaption Level 2" which writes "2" to "/sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto" . What does the kernel do afterwards I don't know.
Level 2 is for frame rate matching refresh rate switching, Level 1 for 3:2 pulldown @ 60Hz.

(2016-02-10, 21:25)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, only thing missing is proper 3D output (vs. TAB/HOU with 2 images). VidOn has figured out this part, but re: HD audio, agree no need for VidOn anymore.

The build that @dukester has mentioned outputs HDMI signal with 3D structure that will automatically put the display into 3D mode. It also does HD audio passthrough. So, it is not like we really need VidOn.
For some odd reason, 3D doesn't work correctly with XBMC for Minix on the U1. It is as if there is an extra half image.
Yep, I need to test build @dukester mentioned on Mini MX. Lack of time lately. This one right?. But, didn't he have to force the 3D output to TAB in Kodi 3D settings (vs. preferred mode)?
My HT
(2016-02-10, 22:06)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, I need to test build @dukester mentioned on Mini MX. Lack of time lately. This one right?. But, didn't he have to force the 3D output to TAB in Kodi 3D settings (vs. preferred mode)?
I didn't have to do that on Minix U1. I left it at "same as the movie".

PS: You didn't like your "3D Walk" avatar? In the current one, you are wearing anaglyph glasses. I thought you were into full HD 3D Wink
LOL! I'm never satisfied w/avatars or media players Big Grin!

Anyway, thanks, changed to black glasses Wink.
My HT
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6