Mysterious Vanishing Files
Hi,

A recent user of Kodi, liking it a lot. Running Kodi 15.2 Git 20151019-02e7013, Windows 10 (Kernel: NT 10.0) Intel Core I&-4700 CPU @ 2.40 Ghz, max memory 12,220 MB.

Occasionally, and unpredictably, files will disappear after I watch them. There is no discernible pattern. The will still show up in a search (although I can't play them from there), and they will show up in the icon area of recent additions, but not in the recent additions file list. The missing file add-on won't find them, since Kodi still knows about them, but not in any way that is useful.

I'm sorry I can't give a way to reproduce this, but as I said, it is random. I'm interested in a fix, but also curious to know if there is an easy way (other than trashing the database and rebuilding), to get the files back in the file list.

Debug log: http://goo.gl/XlnY94

Thanks in advance for any help,
Scott
Hi @sdbb - Check your movies view filter settings, in particular, make sure you don't have "hide watched' enabled Wink

BTW, your debug log link does not work (I get a File not found error).

Cheers
Hi LeKodeur,

Thank you! "Hide watched" is not enabled --- I get checkmarks beside the movies that I have watched. As I said, this is only for an occasional movie, it's very puzzling.

I'm sorry about the debug log. This one is correct: http://goo.gl/XInY94
Did you re-structure your 'Z:' folder at some stage by adding 'genre' style subfolders? I'm no expert but it seems that the movies you had previous to the re-structure which were moved to the new structure are not properly configured in your video library (paths are incorrect)? Perhaps do a 'Clean Video Library' followed by a 'Update Video Library' to fix this. I would also perform a library backup (to individual files) just in case ... so if you need to delete your video library to start fresh you can just scrape from 'local info' to recreate most of your existing video metadata then just scrape the remaining unscraped video material (which have no .nfo file) using your favourite scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysterious Vanishing Files0