KODI can't find my internet connection
Question 
Hi Everyone, I hope you can help me!!

I have Kodi installed with identical settings on my laptop and PC - both laptop and PC are connected to my router and the internet, both computers have fast and stable working internet.

The laptop is connected to my router via wifi and the PC is via Ethernet to the same router.

The KODI install on the laptop works perfectly but the KODI on the PC can't find the internet. I can see this is the case by going to system > system info > network

I really don't understand what is wrong. I have proxy server set to off on both KODI installs.

So in other words, even though I have a working internet on my PC, KODI can't seem to find it/use it - but it KODI works perfectly on my laptops wifi.

I really appreciate any help - I've been using KODI/XBMC for years with no issue and love it! [/quote]

I'll attach debug in case that helps: http://pastebin.com/0BzJ58Zn

Edit: Please keep the forum clean of full debug logs, use a pastebin and link the URL here [PatK]
p.s. I have added KODI as an exception to Windows firewall but it hasn't helped.
Am experiencing the very thing just now: Cannot connect to network server, even though Kodi shows it is connected.
And we're back.
Not me I'm afraid. My problem was different to yours. KODI is telling me it is NOT connected. Even though I have a working internet connection. You just experienced a momentary problem with your scraper.
How did you allow exception in the windows firewall?
(2016-01-14, 01:50)James131 Wrote: Not me I'm afraid. My problem was different to yours. KODI is telling me it is NOT connected. Even though I have a working internet connection. You just experienced a momentary problem with your scraper.

Ah . . . sorry about that James. Assumptions and all. Silly me.
(2016-01-14, 15:22)k4sh1n Wrote: How did you allow exception in the windows firewall?

I added an exception in the incoming and outbound traffic list, set to 'always allow' using the 'Kodi.exe' file.

But I don't think that's the problem. Kodi used to work fine without my adding exceptions to the firewall.

Could it be a network issue - my computer connects via ethernet to one of those wall socket ethernet adapters that sends the internet connection through my houses power cables. But as I said, all other internet services seem fine - Steam can find it, for example.
Try testing with firewall off?
do you have any anti-virus installed on the pc that you don't on the laptop?
Bug 
Thanks for your replies. Yes I have tried completely turning off the firewall and I use the same antivirus software on both PC and laptop (I have also tried using Kodi with the firewall and antivirus off at the same time) but it still has no internet connection.

I'm 100% baffled. I've never had a problem like it and every other software on my PC can see/use the internet just fine. I have also reinstalled Kodi twice now - nothing?

Surely it must be a bug? But how can I work around it?
The posts referred to below are now just posted once as this person's point is valid. I would challenge the Kodi forum to provide an even easier way to find this information as posting a solution multiple times to make it easier for others to find is discouraged. For what was a relatively simple issue, I still could not find a solution even after searching multiple hours on this forum. Hope your search experience is better. Thanks
@James131 - please do not post logs directly here. Upload them to PasteBin.com and supply their link here. Can you edit your first post to remove the log and PasteBin it please.

@pgarv5 what does that have to do with anything here, the issue isn't on a fire TV. Please do not post for the sake of it - that is 3 threads you've posted that in now and two have been irrelevant to the thread issue. Stop it please.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI can't find my internet connection1