Newbie advice please - movie database
Hi Guys,

I'm new to using Kodi and have recently backed up some of my DVD content to MKVs on my NAS. I've been really diligent to keep all the special features in tact and have even scanned my own DVD box covers!

I am however struggling to find a good way of getting these files imported into Kodi. In some cases the media scanner has loaded 15 'versions' of the same movie, each with the same title.

e.g. if I browse 'comedy' I've got 24 entries all called 'Talladega Nights' and only one of them is actually the movie Sad

I had hoped to be able to pick the movie based on the folder name and then pick which video to watch based on the file names. I see now that the movie database's structure is a lot more prescriptive than that but doesn't appear to handle special features very happily.

I've seen the VideoExtras plugin which looks promising and probably what I want, but it doesn't look like it's mysql enabled. I'm populating my movie database on my desktop PC for use on the HTPC in the living room.

Would anyone care to offer some advice please? Can I create a movies database on the mysql instance running on my NAS that supports extras somehow?

Thanks!

Bappy
Thread moved to the OS independent section.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The VideoExtras add-on will work with MySQL, at least as far as keeping watched/resume status synced. You just need to install the add-on for each install.

IMO, the VideoExtras add-on and the idea behind it should be core Kodi features. Maybe one day.
Hi Ned,

Does the add-on not store the details of the extras themselves in a local db?

I'll have a play with it and re-do the import and see what happens.

Totally agree the add-on looks like it should be core functionality.

Thanks

Bappy
It does store everything locally, but it should still be the same across all installs. I think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie advice please - movie database0