Assassin HTPC selling Kodi bundled with banned addons
Smoke and f....g mirrors.

Again - no one is against the principle of providing users with the tools to achieve an out-of-the box HTPC experience - but you aren't just giving them the tools, you're supplying a route - via Kodi to pirated content, it's this that bugs the hell out of a lot of users.

For someone clearly well educated and clever, your grasp of something as simple as this is quite astonishing, as is your hipocrisy - as I stated in an earlier post.

Give the user whatever programmes you need to get them started (Kodi, MakeMKV, madVR, Emby, or whatever other core programmes you feel necessary), just drop the ones that provide the path to illegal content (you know the ones we're all talking about, the ones that don't make the package half as attractive without them.
(2016-02-22, 18:18)Assassinhtpc Wrote: AGAIN, our target audience is the general consumer who wants to get into the media world but doesn't have the time, knowledge or put forth the effort to do so.

(2016-02-22, 18:43)Assassinhtpc Wrote: Actually, most of those people who buy from Assassin HTPC and we help do so because they are well educated on the subject matter and have done their homework and research and understand that we actually really really know our stuff.

But thank you for the warm wishes.

Which one is it? You have repeated what your "target audience" is, yet you go on to say most of those that buy from you are well educated.

I have been a member at AVS for over 10 years and I have seen your posts. You are pushing Kodi hard over there and I wonder why? I think it's because you take advantage of people not knowing what is and isn't legal content. If anyone on the Kodi teams goes over to AVS and clicks on your usename, they can browse at your post history and see that you are a little "shady".
What about making a simple addons blocker part of Kodi mainline? It could be updated now (both in source, but also by autodownloading an updated blacklist in the background, though that might be a little more questionable) and then to block certain addons, and on startup it could even delete these addons/repos. It would be easy to edit this out from the source code if one were to build it yourself for some reason, but it would make life a hassle to all the resellers that just distribute plain vanilla Kodi with all of these addons included. Their "customers" would find their addons suddenly not working etc, and support would be a nightmare.

And it would be non-trivial for normal Android users that download Kodi from the Android app store to circumvent etc. And it would make life for scumbags like assassinhtpc just a little harder..
(2016-02-22, 21:57)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 18:18)Assassinhtpc Wrote: AGAIN, our target audience is the general consumer who wants to get into the media world but doesn't have the time, knowledge or put forth the effort to do so.

(2016-02-22, 18:43)Assassinhtpc Wrote: Actually, most of those people who buy from Assassin HTPC and we help do so because they are well educated on the subject matter and have done their homework and research and understand that we actually really really know our stuff.

But thank you for the warm wishes.

Which one is it? You have repeated what your "target audience" is, yet you go on to say most of those that buy from you are well educated.

I have been a member at AVS for over 10 years and I have seen your posts. You are pushing Kodi hard over there and I wonder why? I think it's because you take advantage of people not knowing what is and isn't legal content. If anyone on the Kodi teams goes over to AVS and clicks on your usename, they can browse at your post history and see that you are a little "shady".

The blood sucker talks on both sides of his mouth.
(2016-02-22, 18:18)Assassinhtpc Wrote: AGAIN, we are NOT selling Kodi or providing illegal content.(Your just providing a very easy way for the end-user to just click and go to the illegal content) We have a very long and detailed EULA as well written up by a team of lawyers. And just as you cannot control what people do with your open source product or what they add-ons they develop for it. We cannot control what an end user does after they install our setup. Just as Microsoft cannot control people using their OS to access illegal content.

AGAIN, our target audience is the general consumer who wants to get into the media world but doesn't have the time, knowledge or put forth the effort to do so.(And yet you can't be bothered to do more education about illegal content to those dumb customers.)

You might be a bit delusional but its pretty clear you say one thing yet do something completely different. Microsoft does not pre-configure their OS to blatantly link to pirated content. Feel free to tell me when Microsoft by default sets the homepage of their web browser to a torrent search engine when they have released a new OS or browser? I said it before and I say it again. If you love HTPC's and want to push for its use show your customers how to use it legitimately. Let the consumer seek out their own ways to do the shady stuff if they choose. You don't need to make it that much easier for them.

Straight from your website.

I really don't understand that Assassinhtpc is getting a platform here to defend himself. Bad advertisemnet is also advertisement and a lot of people will go that website now.
He's backed into a corner now so I doubt he'll post here again.
Or will again reply with some totally wrong "facts, read: bullshit" about his business, apparently his lawyers who drafted his EULA forgot to mention to him anything about trademark violation or GPL infringement, and facilitating piracy.

On another note, he is making good money out of this, do you think he will just suddenly admit that he is wrong and stop what he is doing? of course not, he will sugar coat it, close his ears and continue.
I know you're trying to make a point in your post #46 with the various links, but posting links which in themselves violate the forum rules (wiki) are not acceptable, even as examples.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Darren - please do something about these posts - he's even openly mocking this site as a means of raising awareness to his piracy business.
He will be taken to the cleaner once the Media copyright holders figure out that his "pre-configured software" is being sold with sole purpose of facilitating piracy (Remember Dish Network vs FTA boxes?).

In the mean time, I would suggest leave this thread open just so his "potential victims" will get to see it and realize that what he does is illegal.
(2016-02-23, 17:16)Assassinhtpc Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 13:24)misa Wrote: I really don't understand that Assassinhtpc is getting a platform here to defend himself. Bad advertisemnet is also advertisement and a lot of people will go that website now.

Misa,

You might be the smartest person on this thread.

We've seen a significant increase in both system traffic and in the Setup Download.

As well as several emails from new contacts supporting the software suite. It appears as if some people did not know you could get this type of product and support before now and are grateful to have read the thread.

Again, we support Kodi. Donate to the community (both $ and time and service) and are doing what we can to support them.

Nice try with the reverse psychology. He guys, my traffic has gone up because of this thread, hoping the mods take it down to prevent that. Your traffic went up because people want to see first hand what we're pointing out.
do I need to post the IQ chart again ?
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
yes please Smile
lol liar

Mods please ban him, seen users get banned for less then what this liar has done

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assassin HTPC selling Kodi bundled with banned addons0