Android Music can't be played when no HDMI Device is connected.
Hello I've got a strange problem:

When I boot my Fire TV without the beamer (beamer is in standby, HDMI is connected OR HDMI is not connected at all) I either can't start any music playback or it is heavily distorted. As soon as I start and connect the beamer, the music playback is fine. When I disconnect HDMI, music will stay fine until the Fire TV is rebooted.

I'm using a first gen. Fire TV with Kodi (tried 15.2&16.0b5) connected to my receiver via S/PDIF and via HDMI to my beamer.

The sound output in the Fire TV is configured as Stereo via HDMI and DD via S/PDIF.
In Kodi, it is set to Stereo 2.0, best match, and pass through.

I plugged HDMI in at around 15:05:28 T:1524255168:

Log:

http://pastebin.com/TX7V3Mqt

*Edit:

Well, looks as if this is a Fire TV issue - all audio is distorted till an active HDMI Device is or was connected at least once during uptime... that makes me really sad somehow...
Well, just for your information or if anyone encounters a similar problem: it does not work. The box needs an HDMI handshake or most likely an identified display once after reboot to play music. It is the same with the Fire TV 2. A HDMI-to S/PDIF converter or a switch do not seem to provide a solution. My workaround: the box is not disconnected from power and thus not rebooted when my other equipment is powered down. Works like a charm but wastes ~26 kW of power per year.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music can't be played when no HDMI Device is connected.0