Adding Album Art Manually...Disable Scraper
Hello...

I'd been using the old Frodo version for years. That version provided for quick and easy album art settings. More specifically, a simple "choose album art" function would lead to a window displaying default, remote and browse functionality to choose your preferred album art in the default folder.

I am now using Isengard. Not so simple. Any attempt to change art results in a keyboard dialogue prompting me to provide album name and artists. Most of my albums are are either too obscure to appear on a scraper or are of my own mixes, so any attempt will result in the album name and artists window appearing repeatedly and NOT allowing me to merely choose the artwork manually.

I've disabled scrapers...still not working!

How can I simply browse by album and choose my own customized album artwork, as I used to do in the Frodo version?

Greatly appreciate ANY and ALL suggestions and insights....I know that I am likely overlooking a simple solution, but for now I'm plain baffled!

GweiloJake
From context menu and select Album Information, within there will be "Get thumb" and "Get fanart".
In Kodi 15 when you try to open artist or album info dialogs, if they haven't been scraped (in the database "last scraped" string attribute is blank) Kodi will try to scrape. In Kodi 16 that is changed so you can always get those dialogs to show.

scott s.
Thanks for the replies.

jjd-uk The problem is that when an attempt to select album art "get thumb" automatically prompts an attempt to secure through scrapers. I've attempted to disable scrapers, and yet the dialogue continues to appear (with the prompts to enter "album" and "artists" repeatedly and not permitting the user to bypass this stage).

Scott967 The albums have all been processed at least 3-4 times via the Universal scraper. In the majority of instances, it cannot locate a corresponding artist/album (as I mentioned, the titles are indie or mixes I had created). I have been vigilant in loading album art in jpeg format in each folder, and integrating them into the mp3 files using TagScanner. Scott...how would I check the database to confirm a "lats scraped" entry? As I mentioned, I'd been using Frodo for a long time, and never had to delve into the underlying databases in XBMC.

Is there anyway to completely shut off the automated attempts to secure album art from scrapers, and ONLY depend on the art embedded in the file by TagScanner?

Thanks, again.....
Yes the scraper behaviour in Isengard is frustrating.

(2016-01-27, 04:32)Gweilojake Wrote: Is there anyway to completely shut off the automated attempts to secure album art from scrapers, and ONLY depend on the art embedded in the file by TagScanner?

For starters ensure that "Fetch additional information during updates" setting is disabled.
But unfortunately Isengard will still attempt to scrape whenever you look at the album information dialog, so maybe just never do that! Sorry, not the best advice, but it is what do on my family setup (haven't up graded to Jarvis), got so sick of that infinite loop and having to get a keyboard attached to break out of it.

I have not tried but if you set the scraper settings to local (NFO) it might stop trying to scrape externally and getting stuck.

Otherwise there is Scott's suggestion of editing your library using SQL and setting all the lastscraped dates to something.

Or dare I say try Jarvis? Jarvis does not scrape unbidden.
Strange as I don't remember it ever trying to scrape when I've used it in the past, maybe something has changed or it could be that I usually keep both "Download additional information during updates" and "Override song tags with online information" off in Settings -> Music -> Library. Perhaps try setting the scrapers to "Local information only" if you haven't done this already.
Local info only is only going to work if you have files in album folders and an album.nfo file in each folder I think.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Album Art Manually...Disable Scraper0