This is an Alexa skill which allows you to control media on Kodi
Some sample utterances are
- Play season 3 of Breaking bad
- Show Return of the King
- Play Mad men season 2 episode 4
- Watch the Warriors game
The skill is in certification from amazon, so you must still a developer account to enable the skill
1. Register and add a new skill to your alexa skill kit. Link
2. Create the skill
Invocation Name "cody"
Interaction Model: (These are subject to change until skill is published)
Intent Schema: Copy paste from /Alexa/speechAssets/IntentSchema.json
Sample Utterances: Copy paste from /Alexa/speechAssets/SampleUtterances.txt
Custom Slots Type: Create A custom slot for each file named in /Alexa/speechAssets/slots and copy/paste the contents of the file
Save and You are Done!
3. Install My Repo to Kodi Here
4. Install Alexa Service
5. Ask your Echo "Alexa ask kodi for my key" (Your Key will be sent to your alexa app.)
6. Enter the key from your app into the Alexa.Service settings menu on Kodi
7. Restart Kodi
No basic Pre-Requisites for local playback
Certain addons will be detected and controlled as they are enabled.
Chrome launcher required for web players such as Netflix
In Beta Stage.
Awaiting certification from Amazon
- Amazon Instant Streaming
- Chromecast support?
- Logitch Harmony support
- Media Location Priorities
- "Next episode"/"Last Episode" support