• 57(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
As it turns out the provider of the web server fanart.tv running their storage system is cheating on costs,
a lot of fanart.tv content (a few hundred terabytes) will be reallocated to another webserver now!
This can take some time. Please, the next few hours/days, no "ArtworkBeef getting no artwork from fanart.tv" spamming.
Luckily can assume that the online access speed will not deteriorate significantly.
(2019-03-31, 16:04)Kokopelli13 Wrote: I've included a log of this (https://pastebin.com/ixymu7C0)

There is something in there I will investigate.

(2019-04-01, 05:33)ferdinand Wrote: is there a way to make the addon centralize all the artwork it downloads to certain folder?
(2019-04-05, 10:27)mindnever Wrote: I started using AB just yesterday and I would like to know if it's possible to place the downloaded artwork (in local file system) in separate folder than the one on the documentation.

No.
@rmrector I just migrated from using SMB to NFS with Kodi and everything (movie sets included) seems to be working now. I did see in the log I posted the " unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'" error but from what I found that is related to paths with illegal characters (which SMB doesn't like). None of the paths that I was using contained anything illegal so I don't know why this manifested itself in such a manner, however it definitely has something to do with SMB itself. Just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already.

Cheers!
"Preload local video / music library artwork to texture cache", doesen't work for me the message I'm getting is "0 Artwork cached".
I have all artwork located next to the video files and the artwork caches fine when scraping the hdd, my goal here is to be able to restore a Kodi backup without the thumbnails folder and then preload/cache the artwork from hdd to Kodi, am I understanding this feature correct?
I have enabled the "Web Server" setting Artwork Beef asked me to.

Hope it's just a user error, appreciate all the help.

EDIT: It does indeed work I was confused about the "0 Artwork cached" message.
The automatically preload local artwork option when will that happen? Right now I am looking at the progress bar and can't do anything once I hit back the preload stops.
(2019-04-11, 08:36)Comma Wrote: "Preload local video / music library artwork to texture cache", doesen't work for me the message I'm getting is "0 Artwork cached".
I have all artwork located next to the video files and the artwork caches fine when scraping the hdd, my goal here is to be able to restore a Kodi backup without the thumbnails folder and then preload/cache the artwork from hdd to Kodi, am I understanding this feature correct?

The automatically preload local artwork option when will that happen? Right now I am looking at the progress bar and can't do anything once I hit back the preload stops.

I had the same problem now in the previous version, but it worked once fine in this version.
What ive done:
  • deleted thumbnails folder
  • Updated AB to actual version and tried -> not worked
  • deleted AB addon and AB addon userdata, new fresh install, set settings new and tried -> not worked
  • deleted Textures13.db and tried -> and its working again

I can not really explain why it finally worked again and whether the textures13.db ever with AB in any connection. I recommend to delete the textures13.db only to try if you know what you are doing there.
Also to say that one can only really determine whether the pre-caching works if the thumbnails folder is emptied as possible and not infinitely large and always checks in the properties at folder size if it gets bigger.
(2019-04-11, 18:57)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 08:36)Comma Wrote: "Preload local video / music library artwork to texture cache", doesen't work for me the message I'm getting is "0 Artwork cached".

I had the same problem now in the previous version, but it worked once fine in this version.
What ive done:
  • Updated AB to actual version and tried -> not worked
  • deleted AB addon and AB addon userdata, new fresh install, set settings new and tried -> not worked
  • deleted Textures13.db and tried -> and its working again
I can not really explain why it finally worked again and whether the textures13.db ever with AB in any connection. I recommend to delete the textures13.db only to try if you know what you are doing there.
Also to say that one can only really determine whether the pre-caching works if the thumbnails folder is emptied as possible and not infinitely large and always checks in the properties at folder size if it gets bigger.  
Thanks for you reply @"chrissix", I also got it working after deleting thumbnails folder and texturesXX.db
I just wish it would preload in the background while watching a movie and not have watch the process bar slowing moving, but it ended all well it is a wonderful addon, thanks to @rmrector
I hope this question isn't asked before ;-)
When i scrape for missing artwork on all my video's it does not scrape landscape images. It does however when i do it manually on a movie. But doing so on over 600 movies is a bit much.
I use Plex as mediaserver and PlexKodiConnect to us my library in Kodi. 
Is there a way to get landscape images for all my movies in one scrape?
(2019-04-12, 12:32)joostzilla Wrote: I hope this question isn't asked before ;-)
When i scrape for missing artwork on all my video's it does not scrape landscape images. It does however when i do it manually on a movie. But doing so on over 600 movies is a bit much.
It's other looking in your skin but labels are the same:

Have you set landscape artwork type to on?

If so, have you tried both of these?

If so, did you see when go in the label "Remove artwork for media type ..." a counter of "landscape" arttype?

(2019-04-12, 18:21)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-04-12, 12:32)joostzilla Wrote: I hope this question isn't asked before ;-)
It's other looking in your skin but labels are the same:

Have you set landscape artwork type to on?

If so, have you tried both of these?
If so, did you see when go in the label "Remove artwork for media type ..." a counter of "landscape" arttype?

I did do the first two steps. The third i did not. Had no idea i had to do that. 
Will try asap. Thanks for the help :-)

UPDATE: This worked like a charm. I also had to disable 'Do not automatically.....only identify local files'
What is the ultimate settings for AB? Would you share your settings with us?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
I don't know what happend, but suddenly my AB does not download artworks, I uninstalled and installed it but came up with the same issue. Any hints?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2018-12-11, 02:52)Karellen Wrote: The artwork links contained in the NFO Files are a backup in the event no local artwork is available. Kodi will always use Local first. As long as your artwork is correctly saved with the movie file, Kodi will find it.

Also, if you are Exporting and you have local artwork already available, then do not export the Images when asked or they may be overwritten with an inferior quality. 

If I Export without Artwork & Thumbs, then the option to save Actors will NOT appear.

Is there a way to save the Actors from cache locally, yet have AB download all the other artwork in full quality ?
@rmrector 

I adapted my skin Aeon Tajo to work with your new approach for artworks with fadelabels according to https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...onfreefun/

It works well, only glitch for me was when there was only one image available, in that case the same image kept repeating itself, but there was a small -though noticeable- fade on/off on the image every "x" seconds (when the image was set to change in the fadelabel). Then I started to try a new method and I would like to know your opinion about it; instead of the fadelabel I use this:

xml:

<control type="list" id="9999">
                    <scrolltime>7000</scrolltime>
                    <autoscroll>true</autoscroll>
                    <itemlayout />
                    <focusedlayout />
                    <content>
                        <item>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</label>
                        <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))</visible>
                        </item>
                        <item>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart1)]</label>
                        <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart1))</visible>
                        </item>
                        <item>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart2)]</label>
                        <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart2))</visible>
                        </item>
                        <item>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart3)]</label>
                        <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart3))</visible>
                        </item>
                        <item>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart4)]</label>
                        <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart4))</visible>
                        </item>
                    </content>
                </control>

...in MyVideoNav.xml, after that I only need to put an image control like this:

xml:

<control type="image">
            <left>1000</left>
            <top>100</top>
            <width>500</width>
            <height>300</height>
            <fadetime>250</fadetime>
            <aspectratio aligny="bottom" align="center">keep</aspectratio>
            <texture background="true">$INFO[Container(9999).ListItem.Label]</texture>
            </control>

...in the xml's views to display the rotating fanarts, I don't even need to use a multiimage control and the image keeps steady when there's only one.

It seems to work well, but I don't know whether there could be any downside that I'm not aware of...

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2019-04-14, 15:43)manfeed Wrote: It works well, only glitch for me was when there was only one image available, in that case the same image kept repeating itself
I did it the same way first and I noticed that too - not very eyecandy!
I threw out all those "multiimage via fadelabel" codes and changed them to the "ArtworkHelper codes". The only downside is that ArtworkHelper is now a skin dependency. But it works just as fast and very good.
And it's working without the repeating effect and does not "flicker/pulsing/changing"
https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...orkhelper/

My multiimage Extrafanart:
Code:
plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=fanart
My multiimage Characterart for Movies:
Code:
plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=characterart

My multiimage Extraposter i use with the alternative &amp;&amp chain cause that way i can exclude the main poster, i use only max 9 cause until this count i can run multiimage also in integer mode:
Code:
plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/?image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster1)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster2)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster3)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster4)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster5)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster6)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster7)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster8)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster9)]
@"chrissix" @manfeed I'll mention here what I has come up on another thread (sorry for the minor highjack @rmrector). 

I think for v19 we need to add a new multi image control that rather than passing a path you give an art type as a parameter e.g. "poster" or "fanart" and we get core to cycle all the loaded images for that item with type "poster1",  "poster2", "poster3" etc. How does that sound to you?
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5