v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2016-02-05, 12:08)rmrector Wrote: It is developed for Kodi 17 Krypton and 18 Leia, and should also work for 16 Jarvis. 15 Isengard may still work, but it's really time to update. 19 Matrix is not supported.

Kodi 18 Leia smash! With Kodi 18 there are certain extended artwork setups that don't require Artwork Beef. Configuration of the extended artwork whitelist in the advancedsettings.xml built into Kodi is all that is necessary.

Option 1 is using media managers to populate artwork before adding the media to Kodi. If you use a media manager that saves artwork to match Kodi's naming scheme and have configured the artwork whitelist, then Kodi will automatically add that local artwork to the library when adding a new media item like it always has with posters and fanart. At this point extrafanart file location depends on what your preferred skin supports, and I suggest multiple fanart if it supports both.

Option 2 is using just scrapers right in Kodi. This way alone won't download artwork next to your media files, and doesn't support extrafanart, but scrapers can now provide all artwork like they've always supported posters.

Kodi 19 nightlies now include a "Movie set information folder" setting to save and load local movie set artwork.
I know V19 i still in very alpha stages, but rmrector are you planning to update Artwork Beef python3 so it can continue to be an addon for Kodi going forward? I'm trying to avoid using an outside manager to just add artwork to my folders. I love the simplicity of just running my library update and afterwards all the artwork is just there.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by pletopia - 2020-06-28, 21:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5