v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2021-04-03, 21:33)HeresJohnny Wrote: I've come across a specific problem with NFS, possibly only the Hanewin NFS server. When saving any file its maximum size is limited by the NFS Blocksite defined by the server. The maximum possible size seems to be 32kb in any case.

In the case of saving subtitles this will lead to the subtitle file being saved in a temporary folder in the addon configuration folder under the user profile.

In the case of saving .nfo or artwork the file is saved but it's file size is truncated to the NFS block size. Artwork Dump displays an error that saving went wrong.

I have contacted the creator of the NFS server and asked him to investigate this. I would also ask Team Kodi to check if there might be a bug in core.

In any case it seems to me that the checking mechanism of subtitles add-ons works better than that of core. Writing of files should not occur if the result is a truncated and therefore corrupted file. Maybe Kodi core could be hardened in this respect, thanks.

I don't think you're correct on the cause of this error.  Having used Hanewin for ~15 years or more, I've never experienced a truncated file issue - literally tens of thousands of files copied to and from my NFS shares over 32kb.  I've just used Kodi to copy a file to an NFS share that is ~120mb in size, so well more than your 32kb limit.  No issue.

I think you have some other sort of issue going on...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by bossanova808 - 2021-04-04, 08:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5