Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
So I'm getting quite annoyed by this:

I've configured my MadVR to maximize the full extent of my GPU and have setup various profiles for the various types of content I'm playing on my 4K screen.

For some reason, at various points throughout playback, I start skipping frames and find that my GPU usage, GPU temperatures,GPU fan speed and Power utilization fall in conjunction with the frame skipping. This seems to imply that the frame skipping is being caused by my GPU performance taking a sudden hit, or something else is causing both.

Does anyone have any ideas? I thought it may be the temperature of the GPU causing it to throttle, but I have an Asus Strix Nvidia 980 Ti and I don't believe it is meant to auto-throttle until it hits 83 degrees C, and I have setup my fan profiles such that the temperature reading maxes out at 80.

Please help me out with this - I'm worried it's a problem with the GPU - but it also seems to be something more than an actual hardware failure.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by hassanmahmood - 2016-07-01, 21:29
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5