Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2016-12-07, 01:59)bollstedt Wrote: movie78, maybe it is easier to tell us first on which point on setting up madVR and Kodi DSPlayer you are?

1.) Have you installed Kodi DSPlayer - Jarvis?

2.) Have you installed the latest madVR version? Download the zip, extract the folder and install madVR by clicking on "install.bat"

Thats the very basic installation and the starting point for your purpose of 4k and 3D, as well bitstream audio output. Do not bother with Reclock or other custom filters at this point.

A really "quick and dirty" setup for at least full 3D output (it needs some more work for 4k):

0.) Get a keyboard and a mouse ready, because many settings are easier accessible via Windows.

1.) For testing purpose run Kodi DSplayer in portable mode ("C:\your_installation_path_of_Kodi_DS\kodi.exe -p") and run Kodi in a window (by pressing "Return" and "Alt") to have easier access to all filter settings in Windows.

2.) In Kodi go to Settings -> Video -> DSplayer and just follow Warner306 instructions in post#2 up until the point "Adding Custom Filters".

3.) Now setup up the LAV video and audio filters under: Video -> DSPlayer -> Filters management -> Internal filters. Follow exactly Warner306's 3rd post up until "- Extra external filter" for video acceleration (expect 3D content) and audio bitstream output.

4. Do not close your Kodi window, just minimise it and go into you madVR folder (the zip you extracted earlier). Open "madHcCtrl.exe" and have a closer look on your Windows taskbar besides the clock. Click on the madVR symbol and now the real fun begins. Basically this tutorial explained all the details. Just change some of the options while you playing a video in the Kodi window and you can see all the changes instantaneously. Warner306 is right, it needs some time to figure all out, but believe me, it is more than worth it. Smile

Maybe at the beginning you find my madVR settings good to get started. Download my "settings.bin" and put it in the madVR folder and restart your computer. My settings are good enough if you display resolution is 1080p and you want to watch full-frame 3D movies. However, I do not use 4k content and therefore my settings do not meet all you needs, but 3D output should be fine as long as you set up your display resolution to 1080p in the Windows display settings and you CPU is strong enough for software decoding. Furthermore, I only tested 3D output with MVC-mkv files and the file name needs to include the string ".3D" (with the dot!)

In order to get 4k video output, you need to understand the profile settings in madVR first. Because there need to be different video settings for different video content (SD, 720p, HD, 4k...). Follow post #7 closely: Link.

I hope, this information does not confuse you more and instead helps you get started. Good luck and happy tinkering Smile

Try your tutorial but i can't get 3D MVC to plackback,any help?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by movie78 - 2016-12-14, 14:06
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5