Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
@Warner306  firstly thanks for this cracking guide and generally for all the other guides you have put together, help you provide to the community and all the patience you must have listening to the same questions asked again and again Big Grin

I've been using DSPlayer and MadVR for some time now however I knew I hadn't really set it up to the best of it's ability but it is only now that I have sat down with your comprehensive guide and put some time into setting up profiles, that I'm really reaping the benefits. I started with your sample profiles and found that for my 1060 6gig I was able to fall somewhere in the middle of your medium and high profiles.

I have had an issue with a couple of movies in my collection however and I believe it is due to their peculiar resolutions. They are both around the 1916 x 1040 mark which causes me massive frame drops and repeats from the outset. I was able to fix this by changing the quadrupling setting of image upscaling (I have mine set to NGU Sharp high) from 'Let MadVR decide' to 'only if scaling factor is 2.4 or bigger' Once I make that change both of the files with unusual resolutions play perfectly, however I was a little confused as in your guide I understood it to suggest that 'only if scaling factor is 2.4 or bigger' was the default if we select 'Let MadVR decide' Have I possibly misread or misunderstood the guide? Or is this a potential bug in MadVR?

Thanks again

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by CraftyClown - 2018-05-08, 15:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5