Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2020-01-14, 11:39)Warner306 Wrote: I haven't seen a lot of discussion on the forums about using a 1440p resolution. The advice would be the same as any other output resolution: choose settings that keep your rendering times reasonable and use image doubling over other upscaling methods when possible (NGU is usually preferred as the image doubler). Image downscaling will often be involved at 1440p when combined with doubling, but that shouldn't be an issue if your GPU is powerful enough.

Do you have any other questions that are specific to using 1440p at the output resolution?
Hi, I tried searching but I could not find info about a problem I believe is connected with madVR.
Recently I found out that my video card memory doesn't down-clock at idle - it stays at max even at desktop. After a little research it turns out it is a problem with AMD cards and higher than 60 Hz refresh rate monitors.
I have AOC Q3279VWFD8 75 Hz monitor and R9 280X video card. So the solution for my problem was to create a custom resolution in the driver with 72 Hz refresh rate and CVT-reduced blanking turned on.
It looks like it works for everything else except madVR.
The problem is when I play a video with MPC-HC and madVR the player freezes when switching to full screen. It works in windowed mode but when I go to full screen the monitor goes black for a moment /the same way when changing the refresh rate in windows monitor setting/ and then the video shows up but it is paused and cannot play.
When exiting from full screen the same thing occur - the monitor goes black for the moment and then the player goes to windowed mode.
I tried turning different options in the madVR settings but nothing works. So do you have any idea what it might be? What is strange is that the same problem occurs even with 60 Hz refresh rate. With 75 Hz refresh everything works fine.
Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by sutefunu - 2020-02-29, 19:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5