Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
I'm having a weird problem that has started due to an nVidia driver update, or possibly a windows update (I stupidly did them at the same time so I can't tell). I've been using Kodi DSPlayer and HDR passthrough into my Sony 900F for at least a year now with no issues, but after I did the latest updates, HDR in Kodi is completely messed up. Colors are completely washed out, blacks look grey, the red Marvel logo background is a pale orange, etc. Stopping an HDR movie and going back to the Kodi UI has Kodi's colors completely blown out, as if the Saturation was dialed up to 10. They return to normal when tabbing away from the UI, but everything is screwed up again when I tab back to Kodi. I tried to take some screenshots, but naturally everything looks fine in them.

I've tried rolling back the nVidia drivers, and the problem remains which would seem to point to MS breaking something. Anyone have any ideas here?

I should mention that SDR content displays fine. HDR also looks washed out and terrible using MPC-BE/HC setup with madVR. VLC won't automatically switch into HDR, but if I manually enable it in the display dialog, HDR looks perfectly fine in it.

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by Mordred - 2021-04-04, 10:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5