Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
Hi, i am new here and i want to ask some questions. But first i will give you some informatiion :

I bought a msi optix mag272cqr monitor which has 1440p resolution and 8bit+FRC. Also HDR supported.

I noticed that there are no 1440p movies and i have to either see 1080p or 4k movies.

All the 4k movies are also 10bit and HDR, or at least the 99% of them.

I have HDR off on my monitor, cause i simple don't like all these brightness on movies.

1) Should i watch max quality 1080p movies or 4k movies and why? The 4k movies i see are below 10gb and i don't think the quality is very good. But maybe i need to make some tweaks on MadVR settings..

2) Should i use MadVR beta for better HDR settings or not?

3) Is this guide updated? It's a very long guide and i don't want to make some outdated settings.

I guess it was a mistake not to buy 4k monitor, since nowadays mostly i see movies rather than playing games.. But on 27" i read that best resolution is 1440p. Also this resolution is best for my 2070s for gaming purposes also, if i want to play on max settings.. But with movies 1440p maybe is not so good.. Cause every video you see it either gonna be upscaled or downscaled, since there are not 1440p movies..

Also i have some ghosting which is sometimes annoying on total dark scenes.. And i can't find a color profile for my monitor or don't know if i have the best calibration settings.. But ok i guess these settings are differ from monitor to monitor, even if it's the same model...

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by lazostat - 2021-05-06, 22:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5