Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-15, 09:33)schismata Wrote: I follow this forum very often, and using XBMC since the old days... I have seen an influx in boxselling and people thinking that kodi is a free tv replacement... I now know this is not the case, but most people don't... They keep thinking they can watch the Live Sport event from Sky FREE and even think they can stream this on their pub or public business, it's so stupid.
I must say I use some movie addon here and there because I cannot afford to pay the huge sum of money that some "legit" company asks, I mean paying more than 100£ monthly to watch 6 months old content is ridiculous too dont you think?
I am afraid you guys are discouraging a lot of developers that made XBMC the way it is. You should focus on inform people that Kodi is not a replacement for Live TV or Sport TV, be more present in social networks such as facebook, youtube, twitter... that's where all the informations are spread... I had a hard time finding the official kodi channel on youtube, and this is not a good thing.

Please take this as a suggestion on the way forward, besides this "witch hunting" that can only end badly... Also, and this is a question for the Kodi team, aren't you afraid that calling "shitty box sellers" will piss off a lot of people that are actually supporting you? I mean, Minix, nvidia, etc, after all are box sellers company too... so please, take a deep breath and think twice before exposing your idea in this way, you should be more careful on what you say and what not.

Again I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like recently, especially reading this post.

The highlighted are box makers and are not a problem in my mind it's the people who sell on these boxes with builds and add ons that don't work and don't say they are independent of Kodi and the Foundation. They use something that has become know to most but those people then think that Kodi is behind it when clearly to those who know it is not.

I feel that those behind Kodi are right in doing some sort of action as to what is being done is right or wrong is for those who are taking the action and what the advice is from those advising them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by liveforthereds - 2016-02-15, 11:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23