Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
We are all getting hung up with too much nuance, let's chill. Ultimately, the foundation can proceed as they see fit.

I do see now that Kodi team members are not doing a moral stance, which totally changes how we perceived their legal crusade. It is their right to pursue by all means necessary the way their brand is positioned. Whether they succeed or not, it is a different story.

They should quell the box sellers. Why is amazon still selling XBMC/Kodi boxes with pictures of Genesis, Cliq, SportsDevil in their marketing images?

I still maintain my position that going after youtube authors (or whatever they are called) is a bad idea, because as much harm they have allegedly done (how do you quantify this damage), they can serve a better purpose. Quickly looking at just Husham, Soloman and JoeNobody subscribers, there are probably 150K+ with a Kodi install base. That is not accounting for people watching that aren't subscribed while it is also true that some of the subscribers are also the same person for each of this guys. I am not trying to defend these guys, I don't know them.

As I said before to Keith, these guys on youtube, can be a good thing. When I mentioned disclaimers/disclosures, it wasn't in a written form, it is youtube after all. They can mention at the beginning of each episode that the addons they are reviewing are unofficial, not associated nor supported by the Kodi Foundation, and something among those lines. They can change the format of their presentation as well. All these are agreeable terms. If I were some of those guys, I wouldn't see why not.

If anybody should have a beef with these guys, it should be tvaddons.ag. They are making more ad money at TVaddons' expense more than you would say it is at Kodi's expense. In fact, the infamous Genesis addon got discontinued because these youtube guys made it too popular.

Lastly, about support. I see many legitimate questions about legitimate addons in Kodi's repository being unanswered. the developers are giving away something for free and can't response to every single question. Heck, I still don't know why every fresh Kodi installation, at least on Windows, has the dllfreelibrary error line at the end. I have seen this question posted, but yet to be answered. It's ok, it doesn't do any harm to the installation, but it still says error so it bugs me. I take this valid question of low importance, as not being purposely ignored by the kodi team. Why can't you purposely ignore piracy related questions? Why do you have to response or indulge or delete such a thing? OK, i get it. It could hijacked the thread into a discussion about pirated content. But aren't there scripts to weed these things out?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by coremailrx8 - 2016-02-16, 23:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23