Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-18, 00:56)Gombeek Wrote: But if I was to do the math i would look at how many users prior to apple tv 2 existed compared to after apple tv 2 and estimate at least 75% of the apple tv 2 users were strictly 3rd party add-on users at a minimum.

Nice. We're now at the point where we're just making facts up.

(2016-02-18, 00:56)Gombeek Wrote: Point 3 was directed at the fact the supported channel is named "Kord Kutters"... and while we can argue it is a vague title and can mean a multitude of things it really lends it self to the piracy issue. Im not trying to suggest that is what the channel is about, and in fact i enjoy the videos, i find them informative and showcase a lot of information you don't find on typical youtube channels, its just a bad choice for a user name.

I literally know nobody that thinks cordcutting is a catchall term meaning piracy. It can mean a lot of things. It CAN mean piracy. But it can also mean using OTA TV, switching to consuming youtube channels as content, switching to DVD/Bluray only, switching to Netflix/Hulu, simply watching less TV, electing to watch sports in bars rather than at home, getting rid of your TV entirely, etc. I think the guys at Silicon Dust who make the HD Homerun would be furious that you think their industry means piracy.

The literal only thing it definitely means is stopping subscribing to cable. That's it. I have no idea how you turned that into a piracy-only concept.

(2016-02-18, 00:56)Gombeek Wrote: Point 4 I mean it Kodi isn't optimal on a lot of the Android devices right now... sure they have come a long way and eventually it will be better but there is even a video on Kord Kutters where they discuss the Amazon Fire Stick and what a POS it is and how it is the worst thing you can use for Kodi.

As others have pointed out, I actually think the Stick is a pretty decent device and said so in the video. The question and conversation that day was pushback against its prominence in eBay listings. And as always, remember that if a title of a news story or column starts with a question, the answer is always no.

I'm honestly getting pretty tired of this conversation, because as far as I can tell every idea you push forward is based on some, frankly, pretty weird assumption on your part that's based on absolutely zero data other than what your brain makes up. So if you don't mind, I'm gonna bow out now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by natethomas - 2016-02-18, 05:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23