Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-18, 18:37)StoningtonQB Wrote: Did it ever occur to you guys that teaming up with the Viacoms and the Comcasts of the world (Hell, even Hollywood) would be beneficial? Maybe you guys don't have the money to sue eBay, but they sure as hell do! I think it would be mutually beneficial for all parties to lawyer up against them! Most people are getting their boxes from there. You guys need a legal team and some good partners! Comcast would LOVE to stop the hemorrhaging of their dying subscriber base. Complaining about it here on the forums (and on the Kodi RSS feed) is going to get you guys nowhere!

You need to put the fear into these profiteers, and the only way you're going to accomplish that is by making an example out of someone by winning a major lawsuit or by having people thrown in jail. Is Team Kodi going to do that? NO! At least not on their own! Am I correct in assuming you're based out of the UK? If so, you're NEVER going to stop piracy profiteers in the USA, but the big players will!

On a side note, it doesn't help the fact that CERTAIN PEOPLE on here charge money for "donor features" for EPG data and then never deliver said features upon receipt of said money, leaving hundreds of thousands of Kodi users to be forced to use add-ons such as Renegades, iVue, etc. after attempting to use legal add-ons to no avail. Just saying.

You kind of make a good point but then you spoil it by making an incorrect statement and a ludicrous statement.

Your first paragraph sort of makes sense, I'm sure the likes of Brein and F.A.C.T. would love an approach from the foundation to help close down all these fully loaded box selling shysters, but then it would be hard to keep up the neutral stance on what users do with their Kodi install once a bite of the poison apple had been taken.

Your second paragraph is just incorrect, the XBMC Foundation is a non profit organisation registered in the US https://kodi.tv/about/xbmc-foundation/

I'm afraid I find your third paragraph just ludicrous, no-one is forced to pay anything towards Kodi, in fact I'd go so far as to say the old cliché of "a fool and his money being easily parted" applies to anyone who pays out even one penny for anything software related on Kodi (for clarity I'm not including donors or t-shirt buyers in that statement).

(2016-02-18, 19:46)stuCONNERS Wrote: Youtube is amazing, I`ve never seen so many people chuck their dummies out their pram over these take down notices. The excuses are the best. "Im only promoting Kodi." I pointed out to one user that every video had the kodi logo, name and at least one piracy addon linked to it. I doubt he had permission for all those sporting events, movies and illegal iptv addons. Freedom Media Centre is the future and Kodi is dead apparently. What a past few days its been lol, Keep it up Kodi.

I've never seen any of these Kodi Youtubers before, this week piqued my interest leading to me watching a couple and my word the misinformation, falsehoods and lies from these modern day snake oil salesmen would be quite amusing if people out there didn't believe their barely literate ramblings!
Here's wishing their "fork" all success (although the cynic in me thinks it will be whatever the latest version of Kodi is with a different skin)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by stammie - 2016-02-18, 20:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23