Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-03-14, 13:32)DarrenHill Wrote: Anything installed from the official repo will have been checked and verified as not being malicious or nasty, but no guarantee is given for anything you chose to install yourself. It's a similar point to the piracy one - you're free to do whatever you wish with Kodi as an open source program, but should you chose a less than legitimate course of actions and you get into trouble as a result, then it's your own fault and problem. It's when the user is too naïve or greedy to know that someone else has made that choice for them when they bought a box with pre-installed crap that the issues can really start, hence our stance on them.
It is only going to take one malicious addon with a Malware payload to make naive Kodi Newb users wake up to themselves.

This is not a question of IF it will happen but when. I'm sure criminals are already looking at Harvesting users data as I type this.
Looks like a very easy entry point into a PC if you ask me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by wrxtasy - 2016-03-20, 04:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23