Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-03-22, 01:43)kduser35 Wrote: I understand your plight but this is not the way trademark law works. Since KODI first posted its Call to Arms nearly a couple of months ago, users have provided KODI with dozens of YouTube channels with clear violations. There is no confusing videos with titles such as "Watch HBO with KODI". If a pattern emerges where trademark notices are not filed or enforced, KODI will lose its right to enforce its trademark period. Those of us who respected your trademark rights have deleted thousands of videos, and we're not seeing serious enforcement of violating channels. As stated in this forum by several KODI team members, video makers need to disassociate the KODI name with pirated content. How can we help you get this goal?

I think you misunderstand. Kodi didn't post this Call to Arms thread, a forum member/regular user did. The Foundation already said that going after certain YouTube bloggers and websites are on their agenda, but I'm sure this stuff takes time. This thread only started on 10th February, so it's been roughly six weeks. I think, although I'm certainly no expert, that this is a relatively short time, especially if my assumption that maybe only one or two team members are dealing with it alone is correct.

You have to remember that this stuff has to be prioritised, too. You 'go after' the worse offender and then work your way down, and I'm sure there are worse offenders out there that need dealing with first, such as certain box sellers, etc.

In a way, this thread has made users probably expect something to be done instantly, but that isn't the case. On the other hand, just because you don't see sites/bloggers being 'shut down' doesn't mean that nothing isn't going on in the background. Even on YouTube, you file a complaint, YouTube 'investigates', YouTube contact the user, etc., etc. it's a lengthy process.

But this thread was never authored by a Kodi team member, this wasn't a declaration by Kodi, it was a forum user wanting to bring awareness to certain websites, social groups and bloggers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by TheGame1986 - 2016-03-23, 11:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23