• 3(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-02-22, 19:20)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2 things:

1. Amazing job with this new version! I've tried everything but the sync to kodi directly option and love it so far! Although the image selector took a day of getting used to, I love the way it has turned out! Great job on this you guys! Trailer scraper is great! I only had 12 bad trailers(youtube's fault due to bad naming) out of the 382 I had left to scrape from older version of ember!

2. How would I go about upgrading ember?? I have a build from over a week ago and would love to have latest nightly. Once I'm done building, can I just copy/paste over my current? I'm assuming settings/database files are generated on first launch, so copy/paste should work??

1. Thx :-)

2. The best way is always to use the BuildSetup batch file. The NSIS installer removes no longer needed dll's from installation folder. To compile a proper nigthly build you have to:
- delete the folder "EmberMM - Release - x86" from source code directory
- switch to Release x86 in Visual Studio
- build that version in Visual Studio (CTRL+Shift+B)
- run "0_BuildSetup_x86.bat" to create a new installer
- run the installer and overwrite the old installed version
(2016-02-22, 20:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 19:20)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2 things:

1. Amazing job with this new version! I've tried everything but the sync to kodi directly option and love it so far! Although the image selector took a day of getting used to, I love the way it has turned out! Great job on this you guys! Trailer scraper is great! I only had 12 bad trailers(youtube's fault due to bad naming) out of the 382 I had left to scrape from older version of ember!

2. How would I go about upgrading ember?? I have a build from over a week ago and would love to have latest nightly. Once I'm done building, can I just copy/paste over my current? I'm assuming settings/database files are generated on first launch, so copy/paste should work??

1. Thx :-)

2. The best way is always to use the BuildSetup batch file. The NSIS installer removes no longer needed dll's from installation folder. To compile a proper nigthly build you have to:
- delete the folder "EmberMM - Release - x86" from source code directory
- switch to Release x86 in Visual Studio
- build that version in Visual Studio (CTRL+Shift+B)
- run "0_BuildSetup_x86.bat" to create a new installer
- run the installer and overwrite the old installed version

Ok, that's what I was afraid of. I stopped before making the installer and ran it as is. I'll make the installer and continue on. Thanks for the quick response and solution!
(2016-02-15, 22:43)arcelas Wrote:
Quote:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Error occurs when I click update library, Rendering Ember practically useless Sad

(2016-02-19, 21:09)arcelas Wrote:

Error occurs when I click update library, Rendering Ember practically useless Sad

Any news on this error yet?

This error can be avoided by having only a few (under 10) items to add to database.

Update to error. Seems to occur when adding new episodes to an already scraped show. Really need to get this sorted, as it renders Ember useless to me. Is ANYONE else experiencing this bug? I know its a reference error from VB, I just dona know how to fix it.
(2016-02-23, 11:43)arcelas Wrote:

(2016-02-15, 22:43)arcelas Wrote: Error occurs when I click update library, Rendering Ember practically useless Sad

This error can be avoided by having only a few (under 10) items to add to database.

Update to error. Seems to occur when adding new episodes to an already scraped show. Really need to get this sorted, as it renders Ember useless to me. Is ANYONE else experiencing this bug? I know its a reference error from VB, I just dona know how to fix it.

Log file?

(2016-02-15, 22:43)arcelas Wrote: Error occurs when I click update library, Rendering Ember practically useless Sad

No issues here. Tried to reproduce, but it works fine here...
I did a rebuild yesterday with latest changes and noticed when selecting Scrape Movies->Missing Items->Banner Only (This is the only one I have chosen so far as it's currently running) it goes through every movie and re-saves all current images where as in previously released builds it would try and scrape ONLY the movies that had missing items and those items only. Not sure if it is saving the images from cache or re-downloading each item.
(2016-02-24, 22:24)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I did a rebuild yesterday with latest changes and noticed when selecting Scrape Movies->Missing Items->Banner Only (This is the only one I have chosen so far as it's currently running) it goes through every movie and re-saves all current images where as in previously released builds it would try and scrape ONLY the movies that had missing items and those items only. Not sure if it is saving the images from cache or re-downloading each item.

All images, trailers and themes will be re-saved if you change something on a movie (or tv show/season/episode).
The reason for this is that we only can thus ensure that everything has been stored under all selected file names. This is a simply load and re-save process.
Ok cool. I'm glad it's not re-downloading. Thanks for the quick reply!
(2016-02-24, 02:18)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

(2016-02-19, 21:09)arcelas Wrote: Any news on this error yet?

No issues here. Tried to reproduce, but it works fine here...

Seems image caching is to blame. Turned that off, and all is well!
Trying to get my x265/hevc shows and movies to show the correct flag, but all I get is the question mark. What am I missing?
(2016-02-25, 05:51)arcelas Wrote: Trying to get my x265/hevc shows and movies to show the correct flag, but all I get is the question mark. What am I missing?

I just fixed this yesterday, you need to download/create a .png file named "vcodec_hevc" and place it here:
Ember Media Manager BETA\Images\Flags\
Hey there, i am jusing the compiled version from about a month ago.
Everything works great, except that the auto renamer with tv series when i add a new one doesnt work.
i have to manually rename the files with ember
(2016-02-25, 21:48)TheTomy Wrote: Hey there, i am jusing the compiled version from about a month ago.
Everything works great, except that the auto renamer with tv series when i add a new one doesnt work.
i have to manually rename the files with ember

Know bug, working on this.
I have been using Ember 1.4.8.0 Alpha for over a month now. Beside some crashes due to memory leaks when scraping a large amount of TV shows, it's been a smooth experience. I update the build every few days if there is any changes from your side. After compiling Alpha 8 today, I noticed that Studio logos for TV Shows stopped displaying and only display a question mark.

Not sure if it's just me or something changed, but I'm sure that before today's update it was working fine. Last version that was working was compiled a couple of days ago.

Thanks for your great work Dan.
(2016-03-02, 05:30)zonly1 Wrote: I have been using Ember 1.4.8.0 Alpha for over a month now. Beside some crashes due to memory leaks when scraping a large amount of TV shows, it's been a smooth experience. I update the build every few days if there is any changes from your side. After compiling Alpha 8 today, I noticed that Studio logos for TV Shows stopped displaying and only display a question mark.

Not sure if it's just me or something changed, but I'm sure that before today's update it was working fine. Last version that was working was compiled a couple of days ago.

Thanks for your great work Dan.

Oh yes, I've changed and cleanup some database fields ans forgot to add loading studios for tv shows. I've just added a fix on GitHub.
I've to build a new alpha today.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2