WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-03-08, 23:22)Esky Wrote: I actually prefer the new method of right click to select the image and double click to preview. In the old version if you double clicked to preview the image it automatically scraped it, whether you wanted to keep it or not.

As for the long scraping time, it is worth checking all your settings - I had similar issue but found I had actor thumbs for seasons and episodes selected, so EMM was scraping all of these the first time I edited any TV Show. Once I 'tweaked' all the files & sources correctly the scraping time returned to normal.

And I have to say, with the Kodi Interface set up correctly, things like logos and discarts get updated/added in Kodi immediately - no more running artwork downloader after scraping new movies!

As you can see from my previous posts, It took me a few attempts and some guidance from Dan, but the new ALPHA 10 version has put a smile on my face.

I also prefer the right-click methode. I use the double-click to show fullsized images much more times than selecting one to use.

For a fast tv show scraping you have to enable image caching. With image caching, the actor thumbs has only been downloaded one time and all following episodes can use the cached images instead of downloading the same images each time. Also TMDB has a horrible API for tv shows atm. We have to send an API call for EACH episode to get all episode images. TMDB allows 30 API calls in 10 seconds per IP. So if you rescrape a big tv show with hundreds episodes e.g. The Simpsons with more that 500 episodes... 500/30*30 seconds = 8.3 minutes only to get all images without downloading one...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by DanCooper - 2016-03-10, 00:55
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2