WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
I am sure that this is all my fault, but I thought I would report it here for what it’s worth. I tried to install the most recent version of the x64 Alpha build of Ember tonight, which went fine, but when I tried to launch the application for the first time, my antivirus—Panda Free Antivirus—quarantined the executable as a potentially suspicious program that may be a virus. Obviously it’s not, but for whatever reason, I decided to uninstall Ember and instead install the x86 Alpha version of Ember to see if Panda wouldn’t mind that one. I was confused because I had previously installed the Ember Beta located at http://wiki.embermediamanager.org/index....e=Download and Panda had no problem with that. So I installed the x86 version of the Alpha build this second time, which went fine, but this time when I tried to launch Ember for the first time, I got the Windows “blue screen of death” that displayed the error “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.” So my computer had to completely restart. I googled this error, and apparently this error can be caused by antivirus, so I’m assuming that Panda was also behind this shutdown.

Again, I’m guessing this is Panda overreacting to a legitimate program. I just thought I would report my experience in case it is something you should know. I plan on installing Ember Alpha on a different machine that uses Kaspersky Antivirus, and I’m guessing I will not be able to reproduce the error.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by verona77 - 2016-10-06, 06:09
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2