WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-12-26, 12:24)T-bird_se Wrote: Don't know what versions of Ember and Kodi/Xmbc you coming from but your naming scheme is old and legacy. Ember use the same as Kodi and it's been like this since the Frodo version come out.

For the actor thumbs, you don't need to download every picture, you can have an URL inside the nfo and both Ember and Kodi will use that

If you get Ember to recognise your current naming scheme you can let Ember rewrite everything for you to the new standard, you don't have to do it manually

What part of my naming scheme is old exactly? It's hard for me to keep up Sad
I assume you just mean movie.tbn should be renamed to poster.jpg? If ember can re-write movie.tbn to poster.jpg, then that would be awesome and I'll look into it shortly Smile

You are also correct, I forgot that the actor images are stored as a URL in the NFO file, so I'm glad I use 'expert' settings in Ember (as shown as komplex screenshots) and just turn it off (yes I know I don't need to use expert mode to do that, but it is on by default, which imo it shouldn't be).

I also definitely prefer "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" compared to the default Filename-poster and Filename-fanart which usually ends up as a fairly long file name. Surely that is not legacy by using poster.jpg instead of filename-poster,jpg?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by leftywhat - 2016-12-27, 08:56
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2