Solved movie trailer / tv show opening credits instead of fanart
Would it be possible that when we scroll through the library instead of the static fanart or a limited gif, a video file - for example the trailer for a movie is played, or the opening credits of a tv show

HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

TvTunes should already support playing videos in the background when a TV Show of Movie is selected.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214287

TvTunes is a legacy name - it would be better if it was called something like BackgroundMedia !!

Rob
(2016-02-14, 19:18)robwebset Wrote: TvTunes should already support playing videos in the background when a TV Show of Movie is selected.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214287

TvTunes is a legacy name - it would be better if it was called something like BackgroundMedia !!

Rob

Woah, awesome! I thought it was only used to play tv soundtracks (going off the name) lol. Will def check this out, thx robwebset !
Rob, can you give a brief description of how to do it... I can only see tunes.. I must be missing something

I have used it to download the video theme now but it only plays the audio. Is it skin specific ?
HTPC

(2016-02-15, 22:27)toineb Wrote: Rob, can you give a brief description of how to do it... I can only see tunes.. I must be missing something

I have used it to download the video theme now but it only plays the audio. Is it skin specific ?

Should work with most skins, for confluence look at the info on the first page of the TV Tunes forum thread.

All details should be available on the wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TvTunes

Thanks

Rob
Cheers Rob, is there something wrong with the wiki ? I have clicked on a few links in the tvtunes thread and tried to access it manually but not having any joy, the page times out
HTPC

Hi I had a little play around, it looks like it is only supported in certain views. Only sound works on kodiflex butin big fan it works perfectly

THANK YOU - video fanart has just made me fall back in love with Kodi... Can't believe I never new about this... been using tvtunes for years
HTPC

Ok, this is SOOOO awesome! I renamed a few trailers to theme.ext and they played beautifully! Setting it to delay for 10 seconds is PERFECT for auto playing the trailers!

I have a feature request though: Can you separate delay times for audio/video? My settings are perfect for movie trailers, but my tvshows only use .mp3s and 10 seconds is too long IMO for it to start up, I would prefer 1 second. If possible, please and thank you!

Either way, AWESOME addon!
(2016-02-16, 02:25)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Ok, this is SOOOO awesome! I renamed a few trailers to theme.ext and they played beautifully! Setting it to delay for 10 seconds is PERFECT for auto playing the trailers!

I have a feature request though: Can you separate delay times for audio/video? My settings are perfect for movie trailers, but my tvshows only use .mp3s and 10 seconds is too long IMO for it to start up, I would prefer 1 second. If possible, please and thank you!

Either way, AWESOME addon!

It may be time to move this to the TvTunes thread, I've added this just for you! Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2247801

Thanks

Rob

P.S. Please post further comments for TvTunes on the TvTunes thread so that others will also see them.
i cant find any other thread for this... i tired tvtunes it dont really works... its downloading a soundfile but its not playing the file when i select the movie...

i also thought tvtunes is only for theme sounds (mosltly series like big bang etc)   i didnt knew it also can play trailers....

istn there any other plugin wich automatically plays the trailer or sound in the background? i would really like to have this feature...
Hello drc85

TV Tunes is a banned add-on and not supported in this forum.

Unfortunately there is no official replacement for it, which should be considered a crime!!!
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just wondering but what made it banned? As I may be interested in trying a hand at replacing or replicating so of it's features.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
It was using full copyrighted media files without permission.

Plus there were other issues with the repo and some of the other addons in it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-02-04, 11:37)smitchell6879 Wrote: I may be interested in trying a hand at replacing or replicating so of it's features.
No-one is currently working on a TV Tunes replacement. I have spoken to a couple of add-on developers a little while ago, but neither expressed interest in creating the add-on.

I think the only requirement is that it cannot obtain copyrighted online media. I suppose using local media files would be the safest approach. Maybe start a thread in development, and others may assist.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sounds good I have a few other things I am going to try to finish up first but I will definitely look into getting this added in.
At least some of the functionality if nothing else.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie trailer / tv show opening credits instead of fanart0