GRUB - Ubuntu not loading
I tried to load Ubuntu on an old 32 bit computer (Pentium / 2GB) which has windows XP on it.
After running live first (worked pretty well), I installed Ubuntu (14.02) next to XP. When I re-started Grub failed to find normal.mod and went into grub rescue.
There is a lot of information online on what to do when this happens. I tried all of them with no success - except that I was able to run boot-repair which enabled me to once again load windows XP (which I don't need to work just yet). I suspect the problem has something to do with EFI or some other "old" BIOS boot conditions, but I have not been able to figure it out. I did chroot and mount into the linux partition and all is there - even grub! I re-installed grub according to lots of suggestions on-line and it still doesn't work.

I do have Kodi running on another Acer 64 bit computer, but it was loaded as Kodibuntu (15.2) not Ubuntu by itself.

Any suggestions welcome - or even an explanation of what happens when Grub tries to load and select an operating system. Still a mystery to me what's going on under the hood.

Thanks!
Umm, what has this to do with Kodi, aside from then mention of running it on another computer? You'd be better asking this on an Ubuntu forum or similar I would say.

Moved to off-topic anyway.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GRUB - Ubuntu not loading0