anyway to add delay to starting up Kodi or wait for network?
I'm running RC2 of Jarvis on an Nvidia Shield TV and have Kodi set as the default launcher using the Android app "XBMC Launcher". That much works, but I realize that Kodi starts up too soon, presumably before the network interface is ready, and tries pulling data from the PVR client, libraries, etc and none of it is immediately accessible upon startup. Looking at my debug log confirms this.

I know there's a -d option for Kodi for Windows, but I'm curious if there's a similar option for the Android version of Kodi. Or if there's a way to have Kodi wait for the network interface to come up before attempting to connect to anything on the network (perhaps even as simple as having it ping some local IP address until it gets a valid response, with a timeout to avoid it being stuck in that condition indefinitely).

I also have "wake servers on access" enabled and placed a wakeonlan.xml file in the userdata directory with netinittimeout and netsettletime set without any luck.
As a workaround I'm just using Autostart now instead of making Kodi the default launcher. This way there's enough delay before Kodi starts for the device to establish a network connection. But not as nice since hitting he home button will not bring back to Kodi
Have you thought about using Tasker?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
anyway to add delay to starting up Kodi or wait for network?0